Barco Data800 Questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Orbital, May 15, 2001.

1. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All :)

I've recently bought a second hand Barco Data 800 (Cheers Mr. G ) and I'm after a set of manuals for it. I've contacted Barco and they said that they don't have an electronic version so I'd have to pay £25 each (there's two apparently) for the original paper versions. I just wondered if anybody knows of any other source I would be able to acquire these manuals before I shell out £50 for something that my 1 year old son will take great pleasure in drawing on as soon as my back is turned! I've had a look around the web without any success, but I know you guys (and gals) know of sites that I might have missed so I thought it would be worth a post.

Oh yes another question concerning my Data 800 involves a ceiling bracket. Do you think it would be possible to make your own? I asked Barco about a new on at the same time I inquired about the manuals and they are asking £300 for the original bracket and £750!!!! for a new all singing all dancing one. For this amount I would assume that it's gold plated and comes with a nubile young woman to switch the projector on and off for you!!

Thanks in advance for all help given

Cheers

Orbital

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,059
    Do a search at AVS in the crt projector forum and you'll find a post about how to build a bracket for any crt projector from Unistrut.

It will not be pretty. It will work. You will have to be very carefull about positioning with it.

I'd expect the £750 bracket will have tilt, skew and distance adjustments like a good unicol one. The unicol one will cost less, but not by much.

Hope this helps,

Gordon