1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco data800 - is my blue tube dying ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rob_w, Jul 4, 2005.

1. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Recently my pj started to show a blue 'shadow' to the right of white images. In the convergence screen it still showed , but was like a blur to the right of the real blue vertical line. I searched here and I found Roland saying it was due to the contrast being too high. I lowered the contrast and was not happy with the pic.

I decided to reset the G2's and this is where the probs start... :)

With all G2's set 'by the book' the pic looks really yellow tinged and dim. On a white background I can regain the balance by upping the blue tube's g2. However this means the tube is bright when you set the contrast to 0 , and turn the brightness down on a black image...

Sooo... Is my blue tube dying, or could there be something else at fault... ?

Edit - should have added, the last week when I switch it to standby theres been a blue dot in the middle of the screen aswell...

Cheers,

Rob

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Sounds more like the RGB AMP. Try swapping them over say the red and blue. (RGB amp is the 4" x2" box attached to the chassis behind the tube with two sets of yellow wires going in)

3. kalW

kalW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    It's most likely the 2SK511 FET's in the RGB output module (Amp) as Roland mentioned.... if you let it get worse, you'll get retrace lines as well.

Had this on my BG800 as well and I replaced all 3 (just to be safe). The 2SK511's are hard to source though.

See here:

http://www.lynxxx.nl/barco/fet.asp

Kal

4. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely spot on - swapping them moved the prob to the red tube.

Thanks a lot Roland - will bell you tomorrow to see if you've got a replacement..

Cheers,

Rob.

ps - Excellent link Kal - thanks!