1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

barco data600 no projection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by arbey, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, i had two broken barco data600, i changed/swapped boards and cards until i had one pj running. If to say, i connected a RCVDS to the projector and a video to the RCVDS. On the convergence board i put the switch onto 'intern crosshatch pattern' and i get the crosshatched projection which i had to focus and adjust on. No, after setting al well, it's time to give that switch a push to get it in videomode. I push start on my videomachine and I switch pj from 'intern crosshatch pattern' to 'video' on convergence board but: no projection! The tubes don't give light nor projection! I switch back onto the ''intern crosshatch pattern' and the crosshatch is being projected! what am i doing wrong?
    any help from you?

thanks!

2. mediamogul

mediamogul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have a 600 and this happend to me, it was no signal getting to the pj from the video source. I am pretty new to crt ad couldnt get my head around it at first. I was using s vhs but was told this was not compatible. then i tried rgb and got a signal after playing with the sinc. the remote lead must be used or the small back box. I had 1 wire loose in the remote lead and the pj acted just like yours is.Its a bit of trial and error. Hope this helps.

3. AJ666

AJ666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a 600 for 5 years - make sure that you have the correct signal selected on the remote control box on the back of the pj ( photo attached). Have you got an S-Video-in socket on your pj ? Not all 600 models have these.

Attached Files:

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Unless this a Data 600s it will not have a decoder built in so you will get nothing from taking the video input straight to the projector.
    Plug the video into the RCVDS and run RGBS from the RCVDS and it should be fine. you must have either the little box or the 25pin cable plugged in for the projector to work

5. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [Plug the video into the RCVDS and run RGBS from the RCVDS and it should be fine.

I did...Standard data600 were delivered without the decodercard onboard, it was optional. SO that's why i needed an RCVDS which i have few of them. Yesterday, i connected the broken data's600 to my good RCVDS (which i use for my own home cinema) and connected them with the 15 pin cable and RGBS (coax), my video is plugged into the RCVDS. It does not work. It even doesn't give me the intern crosshatch pattern. All scanleds are fine, even the green one (that's on as signal that it is getting signal) is on. What could this be? It doesn't give my intern crosshatch pattern nore videosignal...

thanks for your help!

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    It's been such a long time that I've played with these that the old grey matter is really struggling.
    I suspect the the auto lock circuit is cutting in (or in fact out)
    In the certre of the boards on the projector under the yellow cover is a circular push on off button it is safe to opperate this with the PJ running. There are two pots left and right of it which control the vertical lock at high and low frequencies.

After that I'm stuck I'm afraid

7. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are two pots left and right of it which control the vertical lock at high and low frequencies.

You're absolutely right! there are two pots and i was already wandering what their use was! The on/off you refer too, i checked that but it does not make a difference. if you can tell me what the function is of the two pots and how to adjust them, that would get my on my way!! do i have to keep an eye on the red leds that are situated on that card or not?
    thanks,

8. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    No point in adjusting if switching the auto lock off does not create a picture even if it was garbled.
    The pots are adjusted untill the picture is stable.

Does the projector lock to all of the internal patterns? (Slitting switch to the side and back of the auto lock)

9. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the projector lock to all of the internal patterns? (Slitting switch to the side and back of the auto lock) [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, i guess so, i switched it over and over but nothing changed. It's so strange, with other broken data600, i could 'find' the intern crosshatch by turn pots like Vlin and Vamp, but that trick doesn't seem to work now.
    You have other solutions other then scrapping the machine :)

thanks

10. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    actually i don't know if it locks? I think it doesn't cause it doesn't give me an image. I only see the rectangles glow but no crosshatch lines! any help?
    thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.