1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Data protection cover?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by guiltylionel, May 15, 2005.

1. guiltylionel

guiltylionel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I already have a Barco 801s, but couldnt resist buying a smaller unit for general use (in the garden, in summer for example). I found a Barco Data 600 on ebay, which i managed to acquire for 30 quid... There is me thinking it would be burnt to a crisp, when actually its got the cleanest tubes ive ever had the pleasure of using. Imagine my delight!

One problem though, the protection cover that goes over the convergence controls is missing. I have two questions... 1. where can i get a new one and for how much? and 2. Is it safe to adjust the convergence pots with this safety panel off?

Any help truly appreciated,

Cheers,
    Jon

2. supersub

supersub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    i've got a data 600 gathering dust in the garage, (seems a pity to skip it)
    i'll check out the pj to see if the part is there & get back to you.
    Brian

3. guiltylionel

guiltylionel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, many thanks for that but i think it might be a wasted effort as I've discovered that it isnt actually a 600, its just a standard Barco Data (yes, the original!) which apparently doesnt come with a protection cover..

Does anyone know if any Barco Data 600 parts are compatible with a Barco Data? It has an SMPS from a Barco Data PC that seems to have gone bad (projector scan fails when contrast and brightness is increased, which would be fine but i want to thrash the hell out of it on a large screen).

Its essentially a very large paperweight, but its one that throws an amazing picture from virtually new tubes (no kidding, not a mark on them)... Curt Palme over at AVS tell's me that they are probably clintons.

Thanks again,
    Any help appreciated!

4. guiltylionel

guiltylionel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Further to this, if anyone has a working SMPS switch mode power supply that would fit my Barco Data (same as data pc), please pm me with a price. Part number is 761177

Many thanks
    Jon