1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Data PC Information and problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ChopperCharles, Aug 31, 2004.

1. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I've found more information about my CRT Projector. It's in a storage unit right now, and I need another person to help me carry it to the car and then into the house, but I got some information now.

I have a "Barco Data PC" projector. It has no numbers anywhere on it, except for a very tiny small plate under the RGB inputs on the back that says the model number "CH-43". (I think). I also have the RCVDS 400 switch. I've only been able to find one image of my setup online, and here it is: http://www.avforum.no/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=59.
    I'm missing the cable that connects the switchbox to the projector, and I don't have any kind of handheld remote. Just the switchbox.

I have been unable to find any information, be it manuals, setup instructions, or even MENTION of this model on any of the projector sites Google has led me to. I have no idea the resolutions it's capable of or even how to use it.

Basically, my problem is this: I turn the projector on, I hook up a composite video or VGA input, and nothing happens. The projector makes all the right noises (fans, high pitched tube noise, etc), but nothing is ever displayed from the tubes. Not even a test pattern. Changing the input resolution causes a change in the high pitched noise, as if it were syncing to a new signal, but no image is ever displayed. It doesn't make any noises like it's broken or trying to turn the tubes on... they just never come on.

So I'm now wondering if I have to have this RCVDS hooked up in order for the thing to operate. I have no manuals or anything, and thus I don't know if this is operating by design or if I'm missing something or if it's just broken. I picked up the thing at a State Surplus auction about 5 years ago for $50. No big deal if it's blown... but I'd really like to set up a home theater and I'm hoping this can be made to work.

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Charles.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Charles you need that cable connected or you will not get a picture

3. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, cool. If it's just that, I'll be really happy. Anybody have a manual though, so I can read up on what distance I'm supposed to mount the thing and how to set the convergence?

Charles.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    See if you can find an on line version of the Data 600 manuals they should be similar enough to get going. Workon about 1.5 times the screen width.

5. flibble

flibble
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  6. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I'll be picking the projector up tonight (It's in storage), and I'll swing by Best Buy to see if they have a cable to attach the RCVDS. How can I tell what resolutions the projector is capable of? The Data 600 manual is full of refresh rates and sync rates and stuff, but they don't bother to mention what computer resolutions it can handle. What exactly is the 9-pin TTL RGB connector for? And the fast/slow sync switches on the RCVDS RGB inputs?

Anyhow, thanks for all the help so far.

Charles.

7. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The BarcoData PC is chassis #43, but the BarcoData 600 is chassis #45. Does that make a difference?

Charles.

8. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    charles the chasis will make a big differnce things will be in different places I'm sure but the basic setup proceedure will be the same.
    The dataPc will do RGB Video if it has a decoder card fitted it may do video and S-Video. If your RCVDS is a QUAD then all video source will have to be decoded via that first. If yours is a latter versaion of the Data Pc it may do VGA and Line doubled video.