"Barco Data" CRT, I might get this, it'll be cheap, probably £100 ish...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Electro, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electro

Electro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Someone pointed my thread from avsforums.com to here, here's the thread link anyway, its for a ye olde Barco Data with very little usage by the sounds of it...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193605

Thanks to Brian Dickie for pointing me here :)

Can I use the projector for spare parts to go in my Barco Data 600 ?

-Cheers, Dave

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,059
    Roalnd is the man with the answers on this. He might not answer for a day or tow though as he is rather busy I believe.

If you do get it and want some spares I believe Stereo Stereo in Galsgow have one with a failed HVPS in their basement. Tubes look like they are in very good condiotn in it. I'm sure they'd take an offer.

Gordon

3. Electro

Electro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for your help Gordon, I was wondering if I could use the parts from the Barco Data, as spares to go in my Barco Data 600.

Roland, thanks in advance for any help you can give :cool:

-Dave

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Some of the parts will be compatible with your 600 but not many.
    Barco were afraid in the early days of putting the model number on the case. The really silly thing is the identifying label is on the base of the unit. Somtimes they put a sticker further back inside near the power supply.

If this seriously hasn't been powered up for 15 years I doubt it will work. If it does get it.

Judging by the number of wires comming out the back this unit is connected to an RCDVS unit (switcher). Make sure you get that box too and the remote whcih will let you change channels etc.

5. Electro

Electro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Roland!

I'll power it up when I'm down there... is there any safety precautions I needa take when powering it up, something along the lines of, stand well back ? lol

Could I use the small white control box that sits in my BD600 to test the BD with, are they compatable ?

As far as I know, the RCDVS is missing, the owners 'dont have it', It was left lying around on the floor so I guess someones taken it...

If I do buy the projector, have you got a RCDVS switcher going cheap at all ? ;)

Cheers!

-Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.