1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco data 808s

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by CRT Boy, Jan 15, 2004.

1. CRT Boy

CRT Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a Barco data 808s, but I understand that the colours are not quite as good as a graphics 808s. I have not personally seen the projectors side by side, my may concern is will this colour problem notice on a standard home cinema application?

Also the data sheet says the data 808 has colour corrected lenses, will this compensate for any colour errors?

2. PhilGrover

PhilGrover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same pj. I could see the difference on a side by side comparison with the colour filtered Cine7, but under normal circumstances you probably wouldn't notice - I don't. If you put up a full red screen (for example) you might see that it is slightly orangey rather than blood red, but you don't notice normally.

The lenses are colour corrected, but not colour filtered. I think you can get filters for it, but they will reduce the light output.

I don't know about the difference with the Graphics 808s though.

Get it and enjoy!

Phil