1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Data 801s / Pioneer TF100 Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cosmic023, Dec 21, 2003.

1. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi All,

I can't get a pic out of my Pioneer TF100 freeview box into the PJ ?? Connecting the TF100 into s-vid on the Barco ??

It works fine with all other s-vid sources ??

I have tried all the settings in the TF100 and no joy, get a pic on the PC no probs ??

Any ideas ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

PS: I've posted this in the Freeview Box forum as well !!

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

I have the Pioneer freeview box. I have s-video going to my projector (as rgbhv) via my vcr(s) (d-vhs and S-vhs) and Quadscan line doubler. All is OK... picture is pretty good.

Have you checked the cable is the correct one and going in the correct direction. It should be OUT from the scart to s-video. Check that the Digibox is set for s-video out. Can you send the s-video via a vcr. If the output voltage is a bit low, then passing the signal thru the vcr may boost it up a bit.

Brian

3. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for the tip, i don't have a video recorder now. But i do connect my dvd & freeview box via s-video to the amp, and then it get's sent out via the amp to the PJ.

The scart (out) to s-video cable (in) is working ok when i connect to the PC via a Tv Card.

Maybe i should connect the freeview box direct see if that works ??

I'll try again later, and see if i get any joy ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

4. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi Cosmic,

Have you tried the other scart ? The Pioneer can output s-video on both scarts. See if that helps.... otherwise I'm out of suggestions.

Brian

5. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Brian,

All is sorted now, must of been a dodgy connection on the scart end of the TF100.

I just unplugged it and re-inserted back into the socket, and hey presto !! :D

Don't you just love those one's, everything looks ok but just needs a quick unplug / re-insert of the plug and all is ok !!

Good stuff......

Thanks for your help anyway, i'd love to be able to get RGB from the DVD & Freeview box, ah well more upgrades on the horizon !! :D

Cheers

Cosmic023

6. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
  7. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Oooops Sorry :blush:

8. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi Cosmic,

Glad you're sorted out.

I don't have too many scarts in my system but I've put 'straight' scart plugs onto the Pioneer. The scart sockets are quite close together and 'regular' scart plugs seem to come out "all to easily". It's also a bit tricky to get the optical cable inserted with a regular scart.

Brian.

9. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi Brian,

Yeah i think that what the problem was, an angled scart over the optical out. Must of moved over time, changed it for a straight one now, so it should solve that one.

Currently waiting for an VGA to Barco Port3 cable, so i can use the HTPC.

I do get a lot of noise when using s-video, should i put a power surge / noise filter on the PJ mains connection ??

Any tips you'd like to share, as i've only had this PJ about 10 days now. Still learning............

Cheers

Cosmic023

10. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi Cosmic,

I've got a pc mains filter block on my main system components but not on my projector (ecp 4501). The s-video input on the projector is "poo" so I feed almost everything (component and s-video) thru a Quadscan line doubler and input rgbhv to the projector. I haven't had too much time to look at freeview on the projector (I'm busy setting up to reinstall the projector on the ceiling) but what I have seen looked OK and it certainly wasn't noisy (I'm not using anything special with regard to scart cable). I get a good signal strength on freeview and I recently installed a new roof antenna so that might be an issue. I'm not sure what the s-video input on the barco is like. I do have a BG800 lying around (as you do...) but I have a problem with the green tube and I haven't used it much and I can't remember what the s-input was like. Obviously, an interlaced signal into a projector isn't the best option to go with but when you're sorted out with your htpc, you can probably try running the pioneer thru the pc and see how that looks.

I'm off home for Xmas shortly so I'll pick up on this thread next week and see how you get on. Have a good xmas and good luck with your projector !

brian