1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Data 800 losing settings during standby

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BarcoDownunder, May 2, 2005.

1. BarcoDownunder

BarcoDownunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Having just recently purchased a BD800 I have been slowly discovering new things about it as I progress.

One rather large issue I am having at the moment is the total loss of all memory blocks during standby for no apparent reason. It happens randomly and not everytime.

Do you think there is a problem with the controller unit or something? Are these settings stored in volatile memory? ie., if there is a power interuption, will these settings be lost?

I know the controller unit is a replacement item due to the XXXXXXXX serial number and the runtime that resets itself whenever I have this problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mark.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Contoller board issues are always difficult.
    I had a projector doing this once and had to break it for spares due to the cost of a replacement board.
    It is possible that the 9 volt supply that keeps the contoller running in standby is faulty, but this would not cause the loss of all settings.
    My advice would be to look for a replacment board