Barco Data 708s power failure

L3gion

Standard Member
Reaction score
Well, my home cinema lasted a long time ;)

While disciplining myself to sit through that damn boring Video Essentials Disc tonight, the Projector decided it was more bored than myself !

Switched itself off, wouldnt come back on. I checked the power is reaching the PJ which it is.

There are no LEDs illuminating in the front of the unit, I slid out the power module ( awkward when the thing is on the ceiling ) and popped out 2 little fuses, but I cant check them until tomorrow as I dont have a multimeter at hand.

Any suggestions as to whether these are a likely cause ?

J

Well, I found a 3.15A 20mm fuse had blown in the PSU module.....replaced it with new, switched on....

Bang!

Lovely eh, guess I'll have to get it looking at

Sounds like a problem somewhere on the board, have you checked for bad soldier or any componants which look to be creating a short.

To be honest it's rather awkward to look in detail at the PCB with it being on the ceiling etc, but I did have a look over it and nothing was blindingly obvious.

The fuse didnt blow when the bang happened, but it left that horrible smell like an electrolytic had popped or something.....

In the process of taking it down from the ceiling tonight for a better look. Thanks for the info though

Jas

We also had our BD 708s pop out of comission and i've been struggling with it for a couple of weeks. When it went I saw a spark jump within the power drawer. i opened it up and upon start up the spark was emanating from the EHT Quadrupler. So we are waiting for the part to replace. i was told that since the EHT splitter is next in the power line from the quad, it may need to be replaced also.
We actually instigated the sparking a few times to pin down the exact location, resulting in a nice bubble forming on the quad module with a small brown arc-hole where thesparks were flying from.
Scary.

Jason Z

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom