Barco data 701s to iscan HD - What cable do i need?

T

tommo2

Okay,
Im repeating this thread i know but i think i may have had it in the wrong forum :oops:
Anyway, here goes...

I've ordered a iScan HD to arrive next week. The output is VGA.
I need to connect it to the Barco Data via BNC connectors.
The only problem is that the projector requires composite sync but the only high quality cable i have found is VGA to 5BNC with seperate H and V sync.

I had assumed that all i would have to do was not connect the extra wire but the cable spec states that it is not suitable for RGBS or RGsB, only RGBHV.

The cable im looking at is here:

http://www.hdstep.com/detail.php?m_id=1026

Here is the spec according to that website:

Applications: This breakout cable is for use with TV’s, HDTV’s, Plasma screens, LCD displays, Projectors, SAT and Cable Receivers, Video processors, Video Scalers and much more. (Note: made to work for any application that uses RGBHV type connection, would not work with RGB, RGBS and RGsB. 5 x 24k Gold plated BNC female to RCA male adaptors included.)

The cable is not cheap so id like some reassurance before buying.

Thanks y'all

PS maybe is there such a thing as VGA to 4BNC breakout cable available????

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello tommo2

Plenty of options for you in the UK - you don't need to import a VGA to 4BNC cable from the US.

VanDamme Mini Red Series will do the trick at whatever cable length you require up to 20m and Mark Grant would make something using Belden - look for his banner ad.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom