Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Barco Data 600 problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by djtom, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djtom

djtom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Small problem - no picture!!!

The symptoms are thus:-

All yellow led's are: on
    Red scan fail is: off
    green video present is: on (when source connected)

Unit powers up fine, but HV does not seem to come up - the usual "crackle" on power up is missing, and the tubes do not light. The cathode heaters are on, and you can hear the scan frequency changing as you switch between sources, but no picture. I would imagine the problem lies somewhere like the eht/horiz. def. board or the quadrupler or the splitter, but am not sure about how to narrow it down. I have heard that the EHT board is the usual source of problems of this nature - does anyone here have any experience in repairing these boards? Alternatively, does anyone know of a source for spare boards?

Any help gratefully received
    TIA
    tom

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Your projector has gone into EHT hold down to protect its self.
    I suspect either the Splitter, Quadrupler or EHT regulator. have gone bad. I have a set if you want them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.