1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Data 600 problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Rushmaster, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Rushmaster

Rushmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody,
    I assembled a new blue SD187 CRT in my BD 600, but it is not bright enough and I can't switch it off, ie at adjusting. It is only a little bit darker then. I have to mention that its a SD187 from/for an Electrohome projector. Could there be differences? I think it could be an adjusting of a CRT voltage.
    Has someone a tip or the service manual (with schematic)?
    MfG and thanks,
    Thomas

2. Chris Rhys

Chris Rhys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear about the problem. I've got an Acrobat .pdf of the barco data 600 manual which I could e-mail you (it's 28 megs) however I don't recall seeing anything in there about changing tubes...

Just out of interest how hard is it basically to change tubes? It's a problem I may well be facing soon and I'm stumped if it involves soldering and the like.

Best of Luck.

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thomas the only real adjustment that you have is the G2 setting which is the tittle thumb wheel on the convergence board.
    If the output is low and you didn't have the problems before (we asume you changed the tube due to wear) It is possible that this tube has a low light output which could be an indication of high hours. If it won't focus properly after proper adjustment of the stigmators that would probably confirm that.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Chris
    Changing is a tube is pretty straight forwards so long as you are carefull. It is purly a matter of puttng the new bits where the old ones went.
    You must bare in mind a few saftey precations. These are vacuum tubes and run the risk of imploding. scratch the glass on the side of the tube and you have the makings of a glass shattering experience.
    The voltages run to about 37,000 volts and when a tube is replaced the little bits that float around inside are prone to come free and cause earthing flash overs. If your hand happens to be next to the tube or worse holding it, you could end up with a new hair do. (or non at all)
    However if you want the full performance from the new tube you have to properly set up the coils and sigmator magnets propery. This can take hours even for an expert.

5. Rushmaster

Rushmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    @Chris
    It would be very nice if you could send me the Service Manual to

Rushmaster@gmx.de

Its very easy to change the tubes. This took me 1 hour or so. There are only some srews and connectors. You don't need a soldering gun, but you have to be very careful.

@Roland
    It's unfortunately not the G2 thumb wheel. Must be a "hidden" adjustment. I think it could be a steering voltage of the tube (cathode or Wehnelt cylinder).

Thomas