1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Convergance on Green installation/removal notes

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mad Mr H, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    PLEASE NOTE: This does NOT come from Barco, It is my own notes which I have done my best to check with others, use at your own risk!

Installation / Removal of the
    Convergance On Green (COG) module (R7625128)
    onto Convergance Driver module (R762518)

NOTE:
    J connector numbers are NOT in consecutive order, care MUST be taken to check all numbers, Check twice fit once.

Card Installation and Orientation

COG module locates onto the Convergance Driver module and fixes in place with four (4) stand off lugs

J801 COG locates next to J606 Convergance Driver Module
    J800 COG locates next to J606 Convergance Driver Module

That completes the COG card physical installation

Cable Installation Steps

Note : For steps 1. to 3.
    The existing connector cables will require slight movement to create more slack cable at the Convergance Driver module end.

1. Remove Connector from J613 and replace in J806
    2. Remove Connector from J612 and replace in J808
    3. Remove Connector from J601 and replace in J807

4. Place connector J801 Into J613
    5. Place connector J805 into J612
    6. Place connector J804 into J611
    7. Place connector J803 into J609
    8. Place connector J802 into J602
    9. Place connector J800 into J601
    10. Place connector J810 into J607
    11. Place connector J809 into J1

Note for point 11.
    J1 is NOT clearly labelled on some boards
    Issue number 78-3193 is CLEARLY marked
    Issue number 780319-07 is NOT
    Attached picture shows position of J1

Removing the COG board
    Reverse the above Installation and also note the following as a check.
    J806 COG goes to J6 dynamic astigmatism board originally J613 Convergance Driver Module
    J807 COG goes to J7 dynamic astigmatism board originally J601 Convergance Drive Module
    J808 COG goes to J8 dynamic astigmatism board originally J612 Convergance Driver Module

Jumper Settings

J811 has 2 options as listed on the COG board
    1. "700 Series Projectors"
    2. "Projectors equiped with colour decoder + comb filter"

The jumper is for the address setting of the digital potentiometers on the convergence board. They are different on the 700 series.

Software Control

A "Green" option will show up in your Convergence submenu in addition to the "Red on Green" and "Blue on Green". It allows you adjust the image in the 24 zones just like you do when moving the grid of the red and blue.

SOME QUESTIONS OF MY OWN ???

I am also looking for contrast modulation instructions and SEMU (or SEMU lite) instructions.

IF YOU HAVE A SEMU BOARD then PM me I am looking for 2.......

Attached Files:

2. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Hi There,

I may be being simple here and have missed the point and i doubt i'll ever install the board in my PJ anyway, but i'm curious anyway so...

Now when doing this you align the red with the green, or blue with the green....If your projecting just green, what do you align it with ???

Or do you get two options of Green on Red, and Green on Blue though to some extent i guess this could frustrate the heck out of me, as you are trying to dial two settings in together....

So what benifits does this give as well ???

Ta,
    Lee

3. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Hi,

first off, my pj's are currently in bits and being rebuilt for a stack or blend....

So the above is one of the boards I need but I could not find info anywhere so I thought I would produce the above myself to help others.

Now.....

If you only have ONE projector this should NEVER be of use to you. However when you have 2 or more you will need to converge the 2 green guns to each other - now it has a use....

I will try and post some more pics showing this in use....

More and more people are trying twin crt projection, mainly in the states but it does go on here as well....

SOME people have been known to use the COG board in a single pj to correct convergance errors - thats not really what its for and is a work round of the original issue.

WHEN one of my pj's it back together I will post more pics of actual screen shots.

I just use this forum as a good "work in progress" for my own notes - and hope they are of use to others....

(I use the other 2 forums as well) - CRT'ers tend to want to help each other more than any other forum groups - the rest I find are all "mines bigger than yours, mines better than.... etc etc " and I dont have time for people like that.....

Here you meet people with several (or more) 9" pj's next to people who are thinking of buying theor first - its a family.

If you have a seleco read my recent seleco post - as many models as I know, all info I have in ONE file.
    Again I hope of use to someone....

All the best,

Mr H

4. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Hi There,

Ah....Two Pj's...That makes a lot more sense.

As for me, I'm a Barco nut (idiot ?). I'm not so much in the mine is bigger than yours, more like smaller. I'm just installing a BG801s with low hrs and good tubes, after moving house 3 & 1/2 yrs ago, the HT room is now taking shape - Had an L shaped games room which a previous owner built of the back garden...he was a building inspector ! Only had a single roof light and a pair of french doors so was an ideal candidate for a HT and was one of the requirements both the wife and i wanted in a house (She was fed up of cables, toys etc all over the living room). Have more or less re-built the room from the inside ourselves, building a wall across the L, re-doing the ceiling and lowering it a few Cm's to get a better room ratio, re-plastering walls, building an elaborate boxing and paneling and now working on the acoustic screen and PJ.

Had a BD800 at previous house that was fun, have a spare BD800 + almost another one in spare parts, oh and a BG6300 LCD that is barco's atempt at portability and may get installed as a Games PJ to keep the main one burn free, but that means more bracket work :rolleyes:

I guess Barco's just accumulate to those who love them :rotfl:

cya,
    Lee (playing with rasters, oh joy)

5. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    If you need any 801s G parts I have 2 mint machines and loads of parts.....

These were my original 2 pj's to blend with.

I spent loads on new tubes etc...

spare boards etc.

one is still in my HT and in use Im just preping a 1208 to go up

6. kalW

kalW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks MadMrH! I've posted the instructions at Curt's site (www.curtpalme.com)

Kal