Barco Cine 7T

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Barry.NI, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Whilst setting up the above projector, there were several points which did not coincide with the pictures in the Installation Manual.

• Whilst centering the Raster, the projector is ceiling mounted and is upside down, the image in the lens, appears larger than the image in the book, so that the corners on the long side, bottom of the wedge , impinge into the forbidden area of the tube. There is also interference on the bottom four lines which are spread apart.

The projector was previously installed at a greater angle than recommended by the manufacurers, due to the distance of the top of the screen from the ceiling. Now that the projector has been lowered, the cross hairs, for the green gun, are in the lower third of the screen, previously the centre in its original position. The position of the green cross hairs are fixed, and the other two are brought into them. Assuming that the cross hairs should be in the centre of the screen, are there shims behind the lens fixing points to increase the angle, and how are these removed, in order to reduce the angle within the manufacturer's preset limits?

Having turned of the Limo Pro line doubler, I have also lost the Multiplier on/off menu under image control, only colour and format are displayed. How do I get the line multiplier menu back to restore the line tripler settings etc?

Finally as I have no real desire to spend hours trying to get this set up correct, does anyone know of "an expert installer", who would be willing to travel to the Midlands, within the next three months? The above projector is less than a year old, with under 200 hours of use.

2. crteaman

crteaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Barry,
    Hate to recommend myself,so if you need help then i suggest you confer with 'GODFATHER', i just finished his cine 7lt on wednesday,altenatively you should find many other happy customers on this forum who i have installed for,gizlaroc knows me well.
    regards james(crt)
    ps my god,is this my first post after watching in the wings for all this time :blush:

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,048
  4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Barry the Limo on/off will be in picture tuning of the service menu.

Happy to come to midlands too

5. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Roland,

Nice to talk to you again;

The Image Control Menu shows;

Colour Adjust
    Format Select

The Image Processing selection, which was there when I switched the Line Multiplier Off, is now no longer there.

You say that you would be willing to come up, perhaps you could contact me by e-mail, or telephone, to arrange a suitable time!

6. crteaman

crteaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi there Gordon,

The odd thing is i actually believed my father when he told me all chidren were delivered by storks,even stranger is that every time i ask the kids what do they want to be when they grow up they say 'milkman'.
    Do you think someone is trying to tell me something? :laugh:

7. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Barry
    This is a qwerk in the software quite why that option to switch off the limo unit but not on again is down to some hairy Belgium.

To get it back on

Make sure you have the video displaying before you start

Press the adjust key on your remote.
    Go down the menu to the "service" option.
    Don't be too scared by the red "you need a degree in Barco-onics to go further" menu press enter and you will see the familiar (to me any how) Barco green menu with the following options

IRIS
    Guided
    Random Access
    Installation
    Service

select Random Acesss. then from the

Selected Source
    Genlock pattern
    Internal pattern

Select "Selected Source"
    Options should be

Picture Tuning
    Geometry
    Convergence
    colour select

Go to Picture Tuning

There sould be the option for the LIMO PRO in there
    select it and you will have the option to switch on and off and all the other adjustments too.

I'll send you a mail but I am really busy at the moment so it may be a couple of weeks before I can do your machine.

8. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Roland,

Many thanks for the detailed reply, The progressive scan feature of the processor, was blocking the line multiplier selection. Switching off the PSM on the processor brought up the Lime Multiplier menu. All sorted.