1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Cine 7 LT

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by OnTheFly, Jan 20, 2004.

1. OnTheFly

OnTheFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Anyone got one of these hanging from their ceiling? I would sure like to hear from an owner rather than a dealer or magazine review.
    Over to you................

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I am a dealer but happy to give a total unbiased answer to your questions (thats what the forums are for)

3. KarlRobinson

KarlRobinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Cine 7, hanging from my ceiling it's very similar.

4. OnTheFly

OnTheFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Roland

I would be very pleased to hear a review from you. Thank you.

KarlRobinson

7 LT reviews only......

5. mrxfilms

mrxfilms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi Karl,
    I got a Cine 7LT from the chaps at crtprojectors.co.uk, which was expertly set up by James. I run the PJ on a Da-Lite 8ft wide Cinema Vision screen and the result is awesome. DVD is a Denon 2800MkII, with the PJ's internal Limo Pro running at line triple. I previously had a Sony 1041QM, SIM2 HT200, Sony CX1, and lastly a Seleco SDG700L6. This PJ knocks spots off the others and is well worth the pennies. I live in Doncaster, so if you're local you can gladly come and see. If not talk to Henry or James at CRT who maybe able to assist a more local demo. If you have any specific questions, just ask away.

6. OnTheFly

OnTheFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    mrxfilms

Thanks for replying to my post. Providing you are not a mad axe man, I would like to take you up on your kind offer of a demo. Whenever it suits you................:hiya:

7. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The Barco 7Lt is the same projector as the 7 but with a software limiter on the LimoPro. It is one of Barco finest machines for colour and brightness. It would certainly on my hot list of projectors to look at when in that sort of price bracket.
    The Cine 7 has evolved from essentially the same chassis over about 12 years. It is probably the most successful projector Barco has ever made.
    It does have some weak points that are not major issues but it is best to be aware of them.
    Many people have suffered with horizontal streaking issues when using long s-video cables.
    I’ve had a few problems with power supplies failing early (these have been sorted quickly under warranty). It has always been the weakest area of the 700 series projector, but you are asking an awful lot of brightness from these little chaps, which can put some big loads on the power supply.
    The horizontal line across the centre of the image can still be accomplished by inexpert set up or putting the projector in the wrong place.

Component video with the projector set to line triple and acuratly set up it is very difficult to beat.

8. mrxfilms

mrxfilms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hello On the Fly
    I am waiting for the return of my Denon DVD, which should be the end of this week. So , if you want to contact me next week and sort out a visit, you are more than welcome. I should have had my axe sharpened by then as well.
    :smashin: