1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco BG800 to BG801s Compatibility

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Technico, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Technico

Technico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

First, much thanks for your many helpful posts! I read through most all of the posts on the BG801 last night and was especially grateful to find info on the RGB amps and the G2 set up. THANKS!

Now for my longing question: I have both a 801s and recently picked up an 800 (very cheap) for parts. It appears that the 800 is missing about half of its electronics, but the tubes, at least on the outside, look good. However the blue tube on my 801s has been developing a couple rather large burn spots. Can the tubes from the 800, by chance, be checked out on the 801s, without blowing them or the horizontal control board? Also, if the blue tube on the 800 is much better and I ran it in the lower refresh rate modes, could it replace the blue tube on my 801s?

Lastly, does any one know if there are any 801s serviice manals that I could purchase and/or download?

I have very little experience with such matters. I'd be very grateful for some brief intell.

Best regards,

Derek

Oh and BTW: Here is a link to an interesting site I found on Barco tube cross referencing. I don't know how accurate it is though:
    http://www.crtinfo.us.vu/barcoxr.html

2. GlennR

GlennR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Derek,
    Welcome to the Forum.

I have a barco 801s also and have lost many a happy and frustrating hour trying to get perfection with some pleasing results.

With respect to your request for manuals look at this site from Holland (In English) which is very informative.

http://www.lynxxx.nl/barco/downloads.asp

Hope this helps

Glenn

3. Technico

Technico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Glenn! :thumbsup:

I downloaded the 800 Service Manual from that site a few months ago. The hardware of the RGB output amps on the 800 are quite diffrent than the ones on the 801s. I see now that the 800 manual will have to suffice. But no worries on the amps. I have a couple used (but working) ones being shipped to me.

:lease: Does anyone know if the BG800 tubes are incompatible with the BG801s system?

Best Regards,

Derek

4. javers

javers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Technico

Technico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jon!!!!

It looks like a much better chance of it working than not working.

:D