1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 9200 advice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr.D, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Hey there

A friend of mine is looking to get rid of a Barco 9200 LCD projector.
    Now my understanding is that its a massive beastie (100kg) with a huge lens on the front of it ( seperate carry case).

Its not really suitable for home cinema applications I suspect: (something like 5200lumens) Its normal home is as part of Hawkwind's psychedelic stage show.
    Needless to say its getting replaced with a smaller sanyo unit and my mate ( sometime lead guitarist of said band as well as roadie!) was wondering about the best place to sell it.

I doubt it would get much attention on this site so its not in the classifieds , but can anyone suggest a good place to put this beastie up for sale?

ta

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There may well be some "special interest" type of site, but lacking any knowledge of such, what about ebay?

Hate it myself but some strange things sell on there for strange money :rolleyes:

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Agree with Kramer............. I've seen these on ebay before - maybe folk involved in theatre and stage business pick them up there - alternaive would be to check "Variety" or similar publications to see if they carry ads for that kind of stuff - maybe check around stage lighting hire companies......

AFAIK, the bulb life on that type of PJ isn't great, and they consume gobs of electricity, but I'd say it'd make a deadly rear-projection set up - plenty bright for day time/ambient light, CR would be pants, though....

Sean G.

Sean G.

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Bulb is new only got 10 hours on it.
    thanks for the advice.