1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 808s no life. Can anyone help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rigman, May 10, 2005.

1. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi
    I powered down my cinema room today for around 40 minutes to disconnect and clean / adjust a couple of the speaker connections.

Tonight when I come to watch it I found that my Barco 808s will not switch on. I have power to it as the red light on the rear is lit and the internal button bank is backlit. However when I press the standby button to kick the proj into life on both the remote and internal button bank nothing happens.

I was wondering if it could have blown an internal fuse or something (maybe that is me wishfull thinking) when I powered it all up again.

I bought it from B4 around 3 years ago and it has worked faultless until today.

Can anyone help or suggest what I should be looking for.

thanks
    Darren

:lease:

2. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Sorted it :clap:

did about 30 searches on here looking for similar problem. Seems that both my remotes had lost their addresses and I found a post by Roland saying to press the recessed button on the remote and hit zero. It then burst into life. Why have an internal button bank (remote) that also loses its address.

thanks for looking

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Phew glad to hear it was sorted.

It is a wierd one and happens more this time of year then again in about October