1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 808s - Monochrome picture

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mikett, Jun 17, 2005.

1. mikett

mikett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having failed at everything else, what better than to restore confidence with a DVD.
    A beautiful picture of Lawrence of Arabia blowing up trains. Small problem - just a green picture. This was with component input so I tried to see if there was full colour with composite - no picture at all.
    DVD player checked OK (thru Scart). Cables OK. Projector showing all colours during installation.
    I am looking for a little success here any ideas.
    Mike

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Scart does not output component only video and RGB. Unless you are getting the sync from the scart. I thibk you are feeding composite video into the green.
    Try taking the green cable and putting into the video select 1 for video and see if you have all the colours

3. mikett

mikett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The mention of Scart is a bit of a red herring. I am using a Pioneer 737 DVD Player which has component output. As I was only getting a green monochrome picture I tried composite with no avail.
    I wanted to prove that the problem was in the projector rather than elsewhere. So I checked the cables for continuity and checked the DVD player by removing and connecting it to a TV. That is the origin of the Scart comment. I guess it would have been sensible to have checked out the composite via the TV but a Scart cable was to hand.
    Mike

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Either your dvd player is not set to output component, or you are using input 5 instead of 6.

5. mikett

mikett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 5% knowledge about memory blocks resolved that one.
    Mike