1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 808 + sport=what refresh rates?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NickBull, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got Dscaler and a pinnacle TV card and am pleased with the results.

However watching Sky Sports footie last night I noticed a slight strobing effect on the legs of the players. JohnAd thinks that increasing refresh rates to 100hz or down to 50 may help , he suggested asking if anyone else has any experience of this and what they use.

The picture is watchable, but occasionally looks a bit odd.

cheers

Nick

2. JohnAd

JohnAd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Nick

There may have been some confusion about what your problem is. Could you describe the strobing a bit more. Changing the refresh rate may not solve this one as it could be a deinterlacing problem. Next time your not out on the lash :) try out some of the other deinterlacing methods before giving up on 75Hz

John

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    It was kind of hard to describe, a bit like watching footie on a film reel from the 20's or 30's where the legs look speeded up and a bit odd.

I'll have a play and try refresh rates, I only had a short amount of time before the other half wanted so mini-series on last night!!!

Cheers

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.