1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

barco 808 s graphics red raster problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by condor, Apr 20, 2005.

1. condor

condor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, whilst setting up my barco I have had a few raster problems as neither I nor any of my family can see the raster for one! took some advice from Roland and seems to have sorted it. However, when I aligned the crosshairs for the red onto the green the red aligned vertically very easily but horizontally it was a far bit of alignment and meant that the raster on the red had to be moved to 70 to allow the horizontal axis of both tubes to cross properly. I am a complete novice but as far as I have read such a extreme shift should not happen with the raster on a tube and they should be around 50 50. Is this a indication of a misaligned tube or is it normal. If I turn up the brightness very high I can see what I think is the raster projected on the screen is it possible to safely adjust the raster using the projected image and not the crt face as a indicator?. I know I should be looking into the lense and I have put the contrast low and brightness up in stages with a black video image signal tranmitted through, however for the life of me I cannot clearly see the raster. My primary concern is if the raster on the red is outside the safe zone as defined by the manual and heats up components nearby. Thanks for looking any other set up advice would be great! I am running with a ati htpc at the moment. :confused:

2. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    If you try adjusting your projector for the first time it could be nice to follow the guided tour that is on your barco. Just select "guided" in the adj menus. Takes about 45 minutes.
    You can also start with selecting "installation".
    In this menu "installation" you'll get to a point where you can center the rasters (not the active image but the zone thats 'behind' the active image).
    After this a cross will be projected, first time it'll be a red and green cross; second time it'll be a blue and green cross. You'll have to swing the tubes (4 bolts on top of chassis) in order to match those crosses.
    Once these crosses match up very well, you have a good mechanical setup (also don't forget proper distance pj-screen, waterpas,...) and the adjustment settings will be between the 30-70 range.

Be sure that the active image doesn't touch the edges of the tubes, so look into the lenses with sunglasses to verify. Don't worry about the raster touching the edges.

regards