1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 808 picture stability

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by SuperFrenchy, Jun 26, 2004.

1. SuperFrenchy

SuperFrenchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a little problem which occurs from time to time. After some period, the picture of my Barco graphic 808 is jumping out of my screen. It occurs 2 times per hour.
    Does someone knows :lease: this kind of problem ?
    Thanks for your response.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    This sounds like a power supply or EHT regulation problem.

Few questions for you so I can help a bit more. :lesson:

1 Does the image apear to colapse from the sides inwards, but the hight remains constant?

If the image ever goes off but keeps the fans funning. Open up the cover (without turning off the PJ please)

2 Look at some of the LEDS in the back service area of the projector. Keep your fingers out as some of the black heat sinks are live to mains. :eek:
    The main ones I want you to look at are the power supply diagnostics which has a row of green LEDS (about 10). are they all on do you have a Red one on?
    Next look at the black EHT card on the back of the projector above the fans. there are two holes in the card are there any red LEDs on?

I await

3. SuperFrenchy

SuperFrenchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your response
    1 - No the image leaves the screen on all the sides. It remains like this 5 or 10 seconds, then the image becomes again correct.
    2 - I will check all the leds tonight. Should I check this LEDs even if the pj is running well, or should I wait the bug ?
    3 - Does this problem should occurs if I have some potential difference in my video cable ?

Laurent

4. SuperFrenchy

SuperFrenchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I have made a test last night. The only thing I have seen is on the SMPS card (R7621705) which made a little Buzz, and have a flashing green Led. This symptom occurs only during the problem and it's very short.
    Laurent

5. SuperFrenchy

SuperFrenchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    All the green Led on the board which controls the G2 are correct no red Led. I haven't see red Led on the EHT card.
    The only thing I have seen, is some disturbances on the SMPS card with flashing green Led and some noise.
    Laurent