1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 808 graphics locked up Need Help !

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dandyjac, Oct 17, 2004.

1. dandyjac

dandyjac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a problem with my Barco 808 Graphics projector, I just bought a DVDO iScan HD & have just connected it up to the Barco 808 graphics projector & I have been having problems with the image, I don't know if it is the RGB inputs on the projector or the DVDO iScan because the S video input that I normally have my DVD player connected to works fine & has a good image but as soon as I connect the RGB inputs with seperate h/sync & v/sync into the projector with the DVDO unit on, the picture starts flickering cutting on an off . I had the rear cover off & noticed when the picture was cutting off the diode on the V board was lighting up & then would switch off when the picture came back so I am trying to figure out if there is a problem with the DVDO unit or is there some kind of problem with my Barco's RGB inputs. I was trying to select button 5 to tell the projector it had RGB with seperate H & V Sync but it would not do anything when button 5 was pushed it would only work on button 4 but obvious this is not going to work when using seperate H & V Sync. Anyway to add to my dilemma the projector has locked itself up meaning it will start but I can not get it to fire an image at all it seems to be stuck on button 4 & will not except anything from the imput & won't allow me to select another input like s/video & I have noticed the diode on the V board is lit up. I have tried by taking all the inputs out & starting the projector to see if i can unregister button 4 but no luck can anybody offer any ideas apart from burning it.

2. dandyjac

dandyjac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    update the DVDO iScan HD is working I have connected it to my computer monitor & it does not shake must be something with the projector any idea's

3. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its very simular to the problems that I have had with my 801s. Not recognising port 5 and the picture collapsing on port 4.
    I now think that it is a signal strength issue.
    How long are your cables and what sort of quality are they?

John

4. dandyjac

dandyjac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using 7 metres canare LV-61S discrete cables, but I have no idea why the projector has locked itself up

5. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you change the dip switch so that it is in standby when switched on.
    Then see if the remote will switch it on, that way you can eliminate a faulty remote.
    Have you tried the built in controller?

John

6. dandyjac

dandyjac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried the on board remote & it will not work & I have tried the I/R remote & it wont do anything either, like I said the projector starts you can here the fans start & that is it. I opened up the rear cover & there is a red led lit up on the V board, but when the projector was having a fit with the RGB inputs the Led would turn off when the picture came back on & switched on when the picture went off & is now stuck in this position with the red led on & no picture
    Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the red led for? Is it a fault led?

John

8. dandyjac

dandyjac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it is a red LED on the verticle shift board that is lighting up when i turn the projector on i don't know if it is a problem with the verticle shift board or a problem from another board causing this LED to light up, but still no picture

Thanks

9. William correa

William correa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: let's start checking what happens at the screen when you press the text button twice.
    Don't worry about the red led it lits every time the projector locks up a patern. And check what kind off sync your DVDO outputs cause probably your projector does not have the,optional, "hdtv module" instaled. What is needed to reproduce tri-leve sync.
    Tell me what happens and i'll see what I can do.

Sorry for my rusty english. :clap:

10. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So the text button wont help :(

John

11. William correa

William correa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All right try than check the self diagnosis leds at G2 module (second module from right to left), all the green ones must be lit and no red leds lit. If the leds are ok check if it is a red led lit at the hv board (behind the power supply + g2 board).
    Be carefull, when handling this modules it may be dangerous.

Brg !!

12. dandyjac

dandyjac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks William but do you happen to have a picture at what I am looking for I am not a tech and I am not to familiar with the boards in this thing, If you had a picture or Know of a site that I can look at a picture to see what you are talking about it would be a great help

Thanks

13. William correa

William correa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I can't send you a picture until monday but you identified the V. board did'nt you ?
    The diagnosis leds are mounted at the fifth board from the vertical board following to the right direction the hv board is the one under a black dissipator with Warnings writen on it.
    Those leds only indicate what module may be falty if you are not a tech. I strongelly recomend you to get in touch with one.

Unfornatelly I am litle bit far from your projector right now.

Good lucky.

14. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Dandyjac. It sounds to me like the H size was set too high when you first plugged in your RGB signal. Which will give the impression of a projector on a horizontal pogo stick where it keeps bouncing back and forth. If you can get to the menu quick enough you should be able to reduce the width enough to stop it happening.
    If you leave a projector doing this bouncing long enough it is possible to cause some real damage.

I'm sure you have done this but pull the power cord out for an hour. thern see if it will start up using the remote but with no sources connected at all.
    If it won't, open the back cover above boards and look at the controller board LED's.
    In standby Main power should be on and processor should be flashing.
    Pressing a button on the remote should lightup the RCU led and a few others as it goes through its start up procedure.
    If the RCU light flashes but the projector does nothing then your remote's memory may have been corupted.
    Push a pen in the recessed hole next to the standby button let go and within a few seconds press the zero button. (you may have to do this on both the fixed remote and wandering)

15. Tom.W

Tom.W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Hi,The Red LED on the vertical board should be off when the projector is in sync to the input.No input or no sync = red LED.Look very closely at EVERY other board are there any other red LED's lit up.What was the output resolution of the DVDO when you first hooked it up to the projector also the DVDO must be set for negative sync.

16. Tom.W

Tom.W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    The high votage power supply and high voltage quadrupler sit at the rear of the chassis with a high voltage and x ray warning on it.There are two holes in the cover with a red LED.Is it on? Do you hear the high voltage crakeling noise come on when the projector is first turned on ?