1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 801s 'remote' socket on front panel

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chrisgeary, Aug 29, 2003.

1. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    searching for 'remote' brought up all the wrong threads.. there maybe a thread about this already, if so, please direct me there.

my question is, the remote socket on the front of the 801s is, i presume, for remotely triggering stuff, like a screen etc. am i right in guessing its a 1/8" mono jack and 12v is the trigger voltage? thus i could run a 12v relay off it to start my enclosure fans?

cheers

Chris

2. PhilGrover

PhilGrover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately not. If it is the same as my BD808s, it is an input for a hard-wired remote control, for situations where an IR one wouldn't work.

I don't think triggers arrived until the "Cine" range appeared.

Phil

3. PhilGrover

PhilGrover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Depending on sensitivity, you might be able to use a current sensing loop around the mains cable (check the Home Automation sites) - the draw when the PJ is on will be much more than when it is on standby.

Hope this helps!

Phil

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The remote socket on the front of your projector is for hard wireing the remote contol. Whilst there is small voltage present it will not be be enpough to trigger a relay.

Also I would not be tempted to wire additional fans into the fan circuits either as they are close to maximum.

The only way that I have found to externally trigger screens etc is to use the 30volt line.

5. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    dont worry roland.. i wont be touching chloe's internal workings! it would be neat if i could start the enclosure fans using a relay, how do i take a trigger feed off the 30v line?