barco 800data/hcpc settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob_w

Hello chaps,

I've just bought into the crt world with a data800 from alaric.

I'm just messing with the hcpc settings now as I cant install it properly until I sell my place and move. I've got an athlon xp 1800 with radeon 7500 (oem) / pioneer106s / sblive 5.1 / win98 / 256meg pc2100 / barracuda hd / wintv go! card

Powerstrip is installed, as is Dscaler using s-video into wintv go! card.

Basically, does anyone have some powerstrip settings etc for this setup? - or advice on the best drivers for the vid card etc..

At the mo its looking ok, but losing the left edge of the screen..(800x600)

Cheers for any info:)

Rob

Try the phase contol at the top of the Geometry menu on the projector

Cheers Roland,

I think the prob might have been that I callibrated input 1, then used input 5 :blush:

At the moment the pj is sitting on the floor facing a cream wall, and even though the geometry is out, and I've only run through the calibration quickly it already looks nicer than my dlp - not as focused though - bit soft?

As I said its not really gonna be used properly until I move house (dedicated audio/visual room coming), but its good to have a play with the settings. I've had a custom res running at 11?? X 666 (16:9) and that looked a bit soft. 1024 x 768 looks nicest so far better than 1024 x 568..

I did a search on the 800/powerstrip/radeon, and found your guidelines for contrast 65 - 80/ brightness 40ish, and these worked a treat..

The tubes have 7000 ish hours on them - D'ya reckon I should start saving for some new ones?

Also Chris Frost posted about using shims for a floor projection - is this something I need to investigate? (the pj will be floor mounted, with the screen quite low down - not using a centre speaker)

Cheers

Rob

Price of replacement tubes for an 800 will out strip its true worth. Run it into the ground then replace the projector.

You may find that top / bottom focus suffers in floor mounted mode. but mostly on 16x9 you don't need shims for a temporary install. If it bothers you loosen the 4 bolts around the lens then pack out the top (only for floor mount) with washers or layers or paper to provide enough packing to bring the image sharp.

I still think your scan rates are too high come down to 800x600. you should be able to see scan lines with your nose on the screen.

Do a search on this forum for the thing I wrote about copying blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom