1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 800

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mrchopper, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrchopper

mrchopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats the Barco 800 like for home use? i'd be using it for watching dvd's and playing the gamecube and probably nothing else. the one ive seen for sale was made in the early 90's and is pretty cheap. is it worth going for and do i need a huge room to use it?

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

It's a huge projector... but you don't need a hugh room....... you should be able to get a 70-80inch 'wide' picture in a room that's 12ft across.

If it's cheap and the tubes are in good condition then go for it.

Brian

3. mrchopper

mrchopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly i have made a mistake i clicked a link on the top of this forum, the site showed a barco for sale but it was only an example of what has been for sale!! i am looking into getting a CRT, i currently have a £5k Sanyo wich im underwhelmed with and im taking back in the morning, and with the money im going to go CRT or ptae300 and a plasma. ill look into CRT and post a thread with all my questions rather than ask them one by one.

Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.