BARCO 708MM CRT Projector repaired (or re-aligned) in the UK (Preferable East Anglia)

Rononii78

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new... I need to have a BARCO 708MM CRT Projector repaired (or re-aligned) can anyone suggest someone in the UK (Preferable East Anglia) that may be able to help?

It's been a long while since CRT projector was in business,then they became Oppo UK,which now longer exists.
It's still a much bigger thing in the US,than over here,i think most people still using their Barco get their spare parts from the US v Ebay.
I will have an ask around for you,but i wouldn't hold out much hope for somebody being in the
East Anglia region.
Might be time for an upgrade ?

Thanks Simon, I have avoided upgrading as I do like the 'softer' feature film experience than I get on the BARCO than I have seen on other friend's more modern set-ups - weird I know and you are right, maybe the time is coming... It might just be a set-up and alignment thing so I will hope for any further replies and please do ask around - that would be great!

They were great projectors,help my mate put up a few in my time,but could never have one myself,my room is to small :(.
I have left a message with him to see if he knows of anybody left in the trade.

:)

Hello again all!

I am still having no luck realigning the tubes on my Barco 708mm... and the remote has now run out of juice... does anyone know how to change the channel using just the four buttons and the circle on the unit itself (no channel numbers of course)

Thanks for any help!

If it is the RCU700 remote, it used a standard 9V (6LR61) battery.

When I setup and used the Barco BG808s projectors , there was a lot of useful CRT setup information and user manual downloads on the Curt Palme web site.

Thanks for this! I think it is the battery but with this lockdown I can’t get out for a replacement 🙄.

I will check the site mentioned to see if “on projector” channel choosing is even a thing!

Cheers!

PS Do you still set these Barcos up?

Switched to digital in 2007 (JVC HD1), have not setup Barco projectors since then.
Have done some EH Marquees and a Sony G90 9" CRT quite recently (2018), but think the CRT area is over for my part, most of the best original 9" CRTs can't even do 1080p from BD...

Think the latest e-shift JVC models (X500- X7900) manages to recreate the CRT feel with analog film feeling quite well so will recommend you to get a demo or try some of these. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom