1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 708 throw distance...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by paublo, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paublo

paublo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

New house, new room etc and possibly a new projector..

I have had instructions from the project manager/budget controller/more significant half that I can not mount anything on the ceiling. Therefore I am looking into a box based coffee table type arrangements.... Ceiling lifts are outragously expensive...

Looking at the plans for the house I have about 10 ft to the center of the room from the screen.. My current screen is 6ft width 4:3.. (owl electric).. and likely to stay..

Would a 708 around 9 ft from the screen be able to fill the 4:3 image... p.s. I tried to use the Barco Lens programme and couldnt get it to work...

Other problems are getting power/cables etc through the floor to an isolated table...??? then noise, ventilation etc....thats the next set of questions..

Thanks, any help appreciated...

2. JohnAd

JohnAd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Paul

What problems are you having with the lens program, it's worked fine for me a various machines. That is the best way of getting that sort of info.

Also I'd check again with your other half about a ceiling mount. I had orginally thought a ceiling mount was out of the question but when quizzed about a box sitting in the place where you really want to sit she eventually came round to the idea as the floor space becomes less cluttered and possibel to make more room like when not using the projector.

John

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Paul the Lens program is bit strage as the attached picture will demonstate.

This is with the projector in its atandard configuration a little bit of upward tilt would be acceptable.

But I hope it gives enough information

Attached Files:

4. paublo

paublo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks guys... I will try the program again tonight and also spend some time understanding Rolands drawing..

I will let you know how I get on...

Cheers

5. paublo

paublo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks chaps...

Apologies to Barco ;) Must have been user error, it worked first time.... doh!

The 708 looks perfect for my new room, just over 8 ft throw... going to just over 10.5 ft at the rear of the projector... Thanks Roland...

Another question....Has anyone used a "standard piece of furniture" to house a projector...(wishfull thinking) or has it been custom made ??? On a budget... The magazines have lovely custom made jobbies... look $$$

Also, has anyone any ideas for running cables and power to the centre of a room..... minimising the impact on carpets etc.. Dont really want to put a floor level patch panel in... ;)

Thanks again...
    Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.