1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 708 Green tube problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jettrainproject, Mar 29, 2005.

1. jettrainproject

jettrainproject

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm having a problem with a Barco 708 MM. The green tube is always displaying some kind of noise even if no source is connected. In absolute dark I can see some light coming out even with brightness set in minimum, if I look in the tube I can see this lines appearing in a random way. While projecting, the colors are fine and there are no problems with the other crt´s. The projector has a run time of 3300 hours and this never happened before. Can this be easily fixed?
    By the way, what exactly is the G2? Can I try to adjust it without problem?

Thanks

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I would say this is most probably a G2 setting too high. It is described quite well in the manual or do a search of these forums. I've described a good few times.

It might be the end stage, if you feel happy swap with one of the other colours.

It even could be the early signs of a tube break down. toshiba had a bactch of tubes about 4-5 years ago that were prone to this.

3. jettrainproject

jettrainproject

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Unfortunatly even if I decrease the G2 for Green I only get less noise. Fortunatly
    I found a compromise setting so there is less noise projected and still enough green in the picture.
    Right now it´s ok but seems to need service...
    Best regards