1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 701s brightness fluctations

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Messiah, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I have my Barco 701s connecetde via VGA >> 4 x BNC from a Quadscan pro and also via a standard 10m S-Video cable. My DVD player is a Toshiba SD900E M/R which feeds component interlaced to the QS and also S-Vid to the amp which is in turn also delivereing an S-Vid feed to the QS for Sky etc.

For some strange reason over the past few weeks I have noticed regular brightness fluctations whilst watching DVDs via the direct S-Video feed (Source 2 on the pj). I certainly do not remember noticing this for the first few weeks and certainly do not get it via the QS feed (even if I switch that to the S-Vid input).

I read somehwere that this may be caused by macrovision but cannot understand why it has suddenly appeared. Anyone got any other suggestions why this may be happening.

Could it be a faulty cable or interference from an outside source?

Thanks.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    RCE on R1 disks will cause this.
    After that if it's on all sources and the internal patten then your powersupply or EHT circuit is waving goodbye.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks Roland. I think I'm glad to say it is definietly only on Source 2 (S-Video) but is not just on R1 disks. I first noticed it on the R2 Bridget Jones' Diary and on every film since but ONLY on Source 2.

Could it be interference on the cable. If so it is all being moved next weekend when the pj goes up on the ceiling and all cables will be re-routed. If this does not fix it then I am stumped. Really hoping it's not the power supply :( but luckily I still have about 7 months warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.