Barco 701 Vision to Data Conversion?

bizo2maniac

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I recently purchased a Barcovision 701 + remote off EBAY for £50 thinking it was a 701 Data. After firing it up I have discovered the max resolution it will sync to is 640x480. Tubes look ok and works fine though. Would anyone know whether it is possible to upgrade it to a 701 data and which boards would need to be changed?

I ask because just at the moment there are a bundle of reasonably priced 701 data boards up for sale on EBAY.

Many thanks

What you are proposing is perectly possible but it would be a lot easier to look for a donnor data 701.
The Bv701 whent though some odd changes. Does yours have the Sony (coloured glycol) or the prefered Toshiba tubes (all three clear).

But to answer your question. I have a feeling the the only board that will be truely the same will be the power supply.

I'm moving house soon and having a massive clear out of stuff. I have a couple of BD708s with worn tubes if any one has a need drop me a PM.

Hi Roland

The tubes have coloured glycol. Thanks for the advice re the boards. I originally bought this machine as spares for the Data 701 I already have but it sounds like I fluffed up on that purchase big time! I will hand it over to my brother as an intro to CRT projectors - will get him up and running atleast.

Thanks

Hasan

Roland is the controller going to work or does it need a new firmware chip ?

As a general rule the contollers between Vision, Data and Graphics were different even though they have the same part number.
I know you can't put Graphics software into a Data controller even after hardware upgrades to the scanning boards.
I've not tried it on a 7** chassis.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom