Barco 701 Very Dim Green Image

vexorg

Standard Member
Reaction score
I lent my 701s to a friend as I was off on holidays for Xmas, the image from the PJ prior to this was very good. However while he was setting it up there was barely any image being projected from the green tube.

I got it back last night and decided to have a quick look at it today between packing and lo and behold the is virtually no image being projected from green. If you look down the lens you can see the green image, but its very dim. This is the image from the HTPC, to the barco using a vga to 5 bnc cable and on the barco the H&V connect using a BNC y splitter.

If I go to the adjustment menus, green projects nice and strong.

Any pointers to what may be wrong?

Thanks

V.

I would have thought that if you try another source (like composite). You could confirm whether it's in your RGB board/cable combination. If it works ok like this I'd try another cable or another RGB source. If it works ok composite and it's not a cable problem I would have thought it could only be the RGB board?

I have s-video on a graphics card somewhere, I will give it a shot later, first I wil delete all blocks and set everything to midpoint, give it a quick convergence and see what she looks like, then onto the other inputs, heres hoping its was some odd setting in the install setup.

Thanks

V.

WAIT don't delete ot reset.
press the number 3 button that will give you RGB. £1 says you are using 5 which is for component.

If that isn't it
Swap the red and green cables see if the low out put changes. If it does then change the cable. ( you are using input 3 not 5)

Hi Roland cant check just now... on a beach just about to go back to my hammock :)

Will check it when I get home in the new year...

Thx

V

Vex,

On the off-chance that you look in again ................... I am almost sure that I was using input 5, as Roland says.......

Just for the record, I'm the "friend" Vex referrs to at the start of this thread... :blush: :blush: and appalled that I might have fubared the thing :eek: Having lusted after his 701 for a couple of months the project got the "thumbs down" from SWMBO
angry-smiley-001.gif
, somewhat uncharacteristically, and all the more gut-wrenching for that.

Sean.

vexorg said:
Hi Roland cant check just now... on a beach just about to go back to my hammock :)
V

Then you deserve a green image,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom