1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 701 out of focus through pc

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rsv828, Jun 2, 2005.

1. rsv828

rsv828

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody know why the picture is out of focus when my pc is running through it.I am using an s vhs lead from the computer to a lexicon processor and the same from the processor to the projector.My sony dvd player is fine playing from the processor via the s vhs lead.

2. Yorcci

Yorcci

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's probably the pc's s-video outlet, which is giving bad signal. Why aren't you using a vga-5 BNC breakout cable with the computer? The picture quality would be somthing totally different...

3. 'cat42

'cat42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot focus the lower portion of the image. Since this problem occurs evenly on all three CRTs, I ruled out a problem with the actual CRT. Are there physical raster settings that may be configured wrong for all three lenses? I do not have experience with a Barco projector but I have an NEC XG110LC so I am highly familiar with convergence and focus settings. Are they similar on the Barco?

If anyone has experience with a Barco 701, please contact me directly. If you are in the South Florida area I may hire you to solve the problem.

Also, what resolution formats does the Barco 701 handle (ie. 720p, 1080i) on component inputs?

Thanks in advance,
    Craig

4. rsv828

rsv828

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when you say a vga breakout cable explain that to somebody in lay mans english please,do you mean go directly from the computer to the back of the projector and put it into a seperate block?

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    RSV828
    The 701 will handle resloutions up tpo about 800x600 dirrect from a PC monitor out put of the graphics card. these then plug into the RGBS input on the projector. You will need a special 4 core cable made up or use a 5 core cable and a "T" piece to join the H&V leads togther.

Check the brightness and contrast settings on the projector when displaying from the PC and DVD. Too much Bright or Contrast will cause defousing.