1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 701 calibration problem - need help CRT

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 'cat42, Jun 3, 2005.

1. 'cat42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I cannot focus the lower portion of the image. Since this problem occurs evenly on all three CRTs, I ruled out a problem with the actual CRT. Are there physical raster settings that may be configured wrong for all three lenses? I do not have experience with a Barco projector but I have an NEC XG110LC so I am highly familiar with convergence and focus settings. Are they similar on the Barco?

If anyone has experience with a Barco 701, please contact me directly. If you are in the South Florida area I may hire you to solve the problem.

Also, what resolution formats does the Barco 701 handle (ie. 720p, 1080i) on component inputs?

Thanks in advance,
  2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Apr 11, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi Craig
    I suspect your problem is in the projection angle and that it is beyond the normal 10.5 degrees that the projector is designed to do.
    First check that it is not some sort of electical issue by putting up the internal grid and checking that by twishing the rear part of the lens you can get the image to focus at some point over the whole screen ( even though not all will be in focus at the same time)
    Provided this is the case then it is a matter of adding "shims" washers to you and me, to pack out the lens. I'm going to assume your projector is ceiling mounted. If you look around the lens you will see four plastic bolts holding each lens in place. If you loosen the bottom two it will allow you to lift the lens slightly to bring the bottom of the image into focus. By fiddling with the centre and edge focus rings on the lens you should be able to get a sharp image over the whole screen. You now need to experiment with washers shims to get the gap jsut right. ( you sholud find the same size works for all three lenses.

If you are table mounting it will be the top bolts that need adjusting.

hope that helps.