Barco 600

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Here's Mungo

Ive got a barco 600 data that needs repairing (something went pop and it works no more) Does any one know how to fix these things or know someone who does? I'm in south Herts.
Help please, I miss it dreadfully

Sounds like a job for Roland. He's just over in Reading and will no doubt reply here soon.

I've got a couple of 600's going pop for various reasons so I may be able to find a part for you.

first off power the unit up.
Do you hear the EHT crackle?
No check the diagnostics board which has a series of LED's giving indication of voltage available. Are any out?

Hi Roland, thanks for the reply,
When I turned it on the other night it began to crackle as if to start up then went 'pop' as if somthing broke then when I looked inside there was some serious arcing going on so possibly an HT lead failed? As for the lights, all yellow ones are on, plus a green one, and the Red on strobes on and off in time to the arcing.

With the lights off and your hands firmly tucked in your pockets, try to establish where the arching is going on. If it is an EHT lead then it may be repairable.

Hi
Under covergence panel there is a oblong box shaped article with 4 EHT (?) leads coming out . The number on this is 761540.
The arching appears to be coming from this (way up inside) across to the metal frame work of the electronic cards.Must be a jump of about 1/4 of an inch. It is quite congested up there so I can't be certain that it is not coming from the other way round ,but it seems to me that this 761540 does house some high voltage.

Dave

(p.s . Don't the "danger X radiation " put you off?)

What you have sounds like a faulty splitter. It should slpit the high voltage and send it to all three tubes.
Yours has got more generous and decided to send it elsewhere too.
Splitters are not repairable and do comonly fail.
The only cure is replacement.
Luckly for you it is going to the frame.
Stop using this projector or you could start a fire. (seriously).

(p.s . Don't the "danger X radiation " put you off?)??????
Infact in this condition its giving out a bit more than usual.

Thanks
Good to know it's not totaly bowlacksed.
What are the cost implications of the repair?Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom