1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 600

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr A, May 2, 2001.

1. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have info on these units. I have been offered one by a local company who are modifying their lecture theatre. How much should I expect to pay for one of these and is it a good buy. I only want a 6' diagonal max. Will it need a doubler etc to be used with a Sony 735?

Any info welcome

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    It's a 7" tubed, analogue chassis projector. They did several versions. If it's a Vision600 then it won't be capable of use with a doubler.

If it's a Data600 then it will. If it's fitted with an internal video board you wont need a doubler although the addition of one will improve things.

If you've never set up a CRT before then fiddling with all the pots can be a bit of a steep learning curve. I'd be expecting to pay between £0 and £750 ish depending on model and condition.

They also have a really cool goose neck light that hides under the lid which you can pop out and point at the convergence pots while working in the dark.......

Gordon

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Check also that it has the little cream contol module for brightness and contrast plugged into the back.
    These are getting more difficult to come by.
    Switching the projector on without one or without the switcher (RCVDS) can cause some serious damage.