1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco 1208/2 In A Small Room

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Apocalypse, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got this pj from Diesel yesterday (ta Diesel) and I've placed it in a large room at the exact distance it will be when it's in my small room and fired it up. Needless to say the picture was totally messed up with the geometry and convergence all over the place but the picture was rectangular shaped. I measured the picture and it was over 2m wide which was huge, all I want in my room is a screen about 1.5/1.6m wide. My question is this, does the fact that the pj was outputting a 2m wide picture mean I'm ok to get a screen that falls below the 2m mark or was the pj merely outputting a picture that was too big for it's close distance to the screen. I need to know what size screen I can get away with yet still have a good picture.

P.S - When first switched out of standby the pj went into some sort of Barco setup screen, only the red and green tubes were lit during this process. Once out of the setup screen the blue tube fired up, is this normal? :rolleyes:

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Set up screen sounds fine.

For a 1600mm wide screen the projector must be 2360mm from the screen to the mounting rail at the front right under the projector.

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The front rail point is about 2420mm from the screen (assuming the pj is located about an inch from the rear wall). The 1208/2 can be be located against the rear wall without the fear of blocking any air vents on the unit.

Am I safe to buy a 6 foot screen in your opinion?