• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Barclays Premier League Thread 2010/2011 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Just wanted to say....

Well done to Sunderland, a dominant display that humbled us good and proper. Thorougly deserved victory, thoroughly disappointing Chelsea performance.

Come on Carlo, give it to them both barrels! :lesson:

DrWise

Banned
i wonder whats going in the chelsea camp, the shock sacking of ray wilkins alot going on right now, and the performance was below par to say the least, but sunderland were quality, am liking gyan and wellbeck :)

kopchoir

Banned
Just wanted to say....

Well done to Sunderland, a dominant display that humbled us good and proper. Thorougly deserved victory, thoroughly disappointing Chelsea performance.

Come on Carlo, give it to them both barrels! :lesson:

i wonder whats going in the chelsea camp, the shock sacking of ray wilkins alot going on right now, and the performance was below par to say the least, but sunderland were quality, am liking gyan and wellbeck :)

This happened last year and Carlo give it to them and they went on to twin the league any team missing Lampard Essien Terry Alex unfit Drogba is going to hit a few bumps along the way they will still win the league

kopchoir

Banned
@Scanz just seen your post in the last thread yes mate shocking really isnt it.
prior to liverpool 713 career games with 311 wins :(

His press conferences are a joke as well i understand rafa had to go (didnt want him to go) but roy was really the wrong choice huge respect for the english board who ejected the yanks but they also made some huge cock ups did purslow

kopchoir

Banned
No disrespect to the other teams in the prem but this season is turning into a good season with everyone beating each other.
Does anyone think that other teams have got better or that the sky4 have got worse there have been no major signings by any of the sky4 in recent years.
Where as city and spurs have spent some cash pool currently have the 6th most expensive squad in the land.

Thoughts

LanceR

Distinguished Member
Yep i agree Chelsea will still win the prem by a big margin also

I'm not so sure about that this season as Kop says I think all teams in the Prem this year a beatable, the mystique seems to have gone with the so called big four. Sunderland were well worth the result today. I was ecstatic with the result gap is just 2 points now. Bring on Spurs next for us.

Bloodzeed

Distinguished Member
after this result i bet you chelsea go on some run no doubt When they get everyone fit i think they will be to strong for anyone

Terry, Alex, Essien , Lampard were all missing big key players

the so called big 4 went last year mate :)

Last edited:
@Scanz just seen your post in the last thread yes mate shocking really isnt it.
prior to liverpool 713 career games with 311 wins :(

His press conferences are a joke as well i understand rafa had to go (didnt want him to go) but roy was really the wrong choice huge respect for the english board who ejected the yanks but they also made some huge cock ups did purslow

Agree he was the wrong choice but as a few have said they wanted a yes man and he seems to fit the bill. I think there was on stat going around that he hadn't won away in the league for nearly a year not sure if that was correct or not

Regarding the league I still think it will be chelseas as Utd don't seem to be hitting the right gear, and as a few have said any team missing Essien, Lampard, Terry would definately struggle.

I think Arsenal will be the dark horse and run chelsea close this season

jabintendo

i don't think chelsea will walk to the title as some off you think. They are quite an old team. Especially after a worldcup, i think they will tire and may be poor in the second half the campaign. Then when you factor their thin squad now and them prioritising champions league, i can see them fading.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Just re: a comment in previous thread, I don't get this continued bashing of Fabianski. I fear it is out of habit as every Arsenal keeper since Seaman have been subjected to the same. His mistake to let Carroll score was not huge and plenty more defenders and GK's will be out-jumped and out-moved by the Newcastle No 9 this season. I think he has been pretty solid this season. As human beings you make mistakes. Seaman was not immune. It is about how you handle the mental side and bounce back. All would agree Pepe Reina is an immense keeper. His mistake first game of the season versus Arsenal is worse than any other that I have seen (except by Green :devil:). I don't think the fans need to fall into what the paper media do as well - it is just lazy "journalism"

No disrespect to the other teams in the prem but this season is turning into a good season with everyone beating each other.
Does anyone think that other teams have got better or that the sky4 have got worse there have been no major signings by any of the sky4 in recent years.
Where as city and spurs have spent some cash pool currently have the 6th most expensive squad in the land.

Thoughts

Chelsea did most of their spending over the previous seasons so had a top notch squad, UTD have lost some top strikers and not really replaced them, Arsenal I think it is about time Arsene spent a little bit of money, City I think have overspent considerably and i'm quietly confident my ten pound bet on Mancini getting fired by January could still happen (odds of over 30-1 were given) if not i'll take my hat off to him if he does eventually get them all to gel but not scoring in last 3 games it doesn't look promising :rolleyes:

We have spent far too much on poor quality players without replacing two world class midfielders and being the 6th most expensive squad proves my point on what poor signings we have made over the past few years

LanceR

Distinguished Member
after this result i bet you chelsea go on some run no doubt When they get everyone fit i think they will be to strong for anyone

Terry, Alex, Essien , Lampard were all missing big key players

the so called big 4 went last year mate :)

Hence why I said so called.

kopchoir

Banned
Chelsea did most of their spending over the previous seasons so had a top notch squad, UTD have lost some top strikers and not really replaced them, Arsenal I think it is about time Arsene spent a little bit of money, City I think have overspent considerably and i'm quietly confident my ten pound bet on Mancini getting fired by January could still happen (odds of over 30-1 were given) if not i'll take my hat off to him if he does eventually get them all to gel but not scoring in last 3 games it doesn't look promising :rolleyes:

We have spent far too much on poor quality players without replacing two world class midfielders and being the 6th most expensive squad proves my point on what poor signings we have made over the past few years

But you have to be spending consistently these days over the last few seasons Chelsea haven't spent, ok they may have spent on a few kids and squad players but there squad is old.

United are the same splashed the cash on 4-5 youngsters after flogging ronaldo no big name players and although unbeaten they haven't looked like winning games comfortably.

Arsenal never spend big

Liverpool have let go 60 million quids worth of midfielders and replaced with 4mil poulsen and 2 mil komchesky

Spurs spent some cash and reaping the benefits now city are always going to put their hand In the pocket.

It's good for football that the sky4 have been toppled CL cash revenue is massive but just goes to show how money dictates the playing field. Think united Chelsea and pool are only just beginning to realise that spending 30mil on shevchenko and 30 mil on berbatovs are not value for money. And going down the arsenal route and concentrating on the next generation of players. The gerrards lampards ferdinands scholes era is coming to an end it's all about the bales the whilshire and the rest of them.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Arsenal I think it is about time Arsene spent a little bit of money
Second in the league and only 2 points behind, with the best away record and the second best goal difference so far this season. This kind of lazy bashing of Arsenal does not stand up to scrutiny. If a Vidic junior was floating around everywhere I am sure Arsene would have signed him up

24fanboy

Banned
Just re: a comment in previous thread, I don't get this continued bashing of Fabianski. I fear it is out of habit as every Arsenal keeper since Seaman have been subjected to the same. His mistake to let Carroll score was not huge and plenty more defenders and GK's will be out-jumped and out-moved by the Newcastle No 9 this season. I think he has been pretty solid this season. As human beings you make mistakes. Seaman was not immune. It is about how you handle the mental side and bounce back. All would agree Pepe Reina is an immense keeper. His mistake first game of the season versus Arsenal is worse than any other that I have seen (except by Green :devil:). I don't think the fans need to fall into what the paper media do as well - it is just lazy "journalism"

Yeah, great post. Confidence is obviously a big factor, and Fabianski seems full of it right now. As a result, he's pulling off some outstanding saves.

Chelsea had a horror show earlier, couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they'd been trashed 3-0 at home, after not conceding a goal at home in the league all season previously :eek:

cabanatuan

Banned
Second in the league and only 2 points behind, with the best away record and the second best goal difference so far this season. This kind of lazy bashing of Arsenal does not stand up to scrutiny. If a Vidic junior was floating around everywhere I am sure Arsene would have signed him up

Vermahlen is vidic mk2 :)

Chamamak is bargain of the century mate. Arsenal do have a strong squad. We have lots of players who can slot in nicely when key players such has nasri, walcott, chamak and even fabregas are injured, we got players that can replace them and do a decent job.

for instance, yesterday van persie was on the bench lmao. i think we are only light on the CB role but besides that we have a pretty strong squad. Its the first time for a long time that we have not sold any of our key players during the summer.

HMHB

Distinguished Member

Thoughts

I was talking about this yesterday. I think the top four have got worse rather than the rest of the Premiership catching up. So-called challengers like City have been very disappointing for me so far this season as well. I've ended up not watching most City games after a 10 minutes or so - maybe the Blackpool game was the exception to this.

Wasn't bashing arsenal as in my other post I said I think they are chelsea's main title challenge this season.

I just think in order to get some instant sucess they need maybe two high profile signings.

In a couple of years Arsenal will probably have the best team in the league as Arsene, as someone has quite rightly stated has bought young and talented players who are starting to show true potential.

The UTD team of youngsters in the 90's which was slated by the press and went on to dominate is something which Arsenal could achieve but I wonder if Arsene was at Chelsea and had done this would he still be the manager, no success and building a team for the future.

Roman wanted results immediately and that is why there are not many youngsters at Chelsea as none of the managers were allowed the time Arsene has been given.

Does anyone think if Arsene was at one of the other so called top 4 would he still be there after 5 years without winning a trophy :rolleyes:

ODP

Distinguished Member
1 away win since the first game of the 2009/10 season.
Lost 7-2 at the bridge, then 3-1 at home.
Chelsea not conceded at home since March...

I am absolutely stunned.
We absolutely played them off the park..

2ekk7yt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom