1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

barclaycard price promise

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by daelbert, Nov 12, 2004.

1. daelbert

daelbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brought a Virea TH37PE from local Panasonic shop (end Aug) because i wanted to be able to go back and talk to them if it went wrong plus they delivered and installed it, buying from a shop just gave me a bit more piece of mind when spending that sort of money. i paid £2700 then i read that Barclaycard would refund me the difference if i found it cheaper within 60 days which i did on the net, they have credited my account with £299 no hassle

2. elliot_01

elliot_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OMG, WOW!!

Do you just call them, they send you a form, and that's it?

That's..... erm.... impressive! :eek:

I've read about the offer before, but assumed they'd always squirm out of it.

3. daelbert

daelbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes that easy

4. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are pretty good, but if you got a free 5 year warranty and your chosen website doesn't give one, they will add the cost of an equivalent to the matched price before calculating the refund.

There is also a maximum refund of £500 per item and £1000 per cardholder per year - but if you can hit those limits then you're doing OK :)

5. thudspud

thudspud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Currently in the process of getting £350 back on my PW6, Paid £1850 from AV-sales and now richer sounds are doing it for £1499, Hopefully it will all go through :)

6. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    If I remember right, if something is thrown in free, it does not affect the refund - you just say that you did not want it - but it was free - the only exception to this is postage as that would be a total cost to you if you had bought from the cheaper place. They also do it against internet only sites

Cheers

Lawrenso

PS They don't include Plasma's in their extended warranty offer though :(

7. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to argue that a year ago when I got a "free" 5 year warranty from HOF on my previous TV. Barclaycard insisted though that the warranty was part of the package and they would only match "like for like".... (now where have I heard that phrase recently?;))

Nevertheless, BC still ended up giving me about £350 back - so I was pretty happy :)

Not as happy as I am now though :D:D

8. nicklang

nicklang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    So just a query about this price match thing from BC, If I buy a plasma and a seperate warranty (£190) will they refund me the differrence the warranty from richer sounds which is probably the same for £150. As well as the difference on the plasma?
    Cheers

9. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They may argue that the 2 warranties are not the same so therefore they can't do the price-match :(

It might be safer to just buy the plasma and try to get a price-match against that, then get a separate warranty later if you need one.

10. elliot_01

elliot_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the subject of extended warranties, you mention buying one at a later stage?

Who do this? I did not realise you could purchase them seperately.

Thanks

11. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Not buying a plasma but something else. So let me get this straight ?

Am going to use my Barclaycard to buy the goods from a shop but I know already they can be had a lot cheaper off the net. I don't want to order this thing off the net and plus I want it right now. :)

If I buy it now will they refund me the difference against what the e-tailer is selling it for ? It is a UK internet only site, does that matter ? What if they run out of stock of the item in the meantime as well (they have plenty in right now). Do they have to have stock for Barclaycard to match them ?

12. nicklang

nicklang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You can buy an extended warranty from AV-Sales even if the Plasma was not purchased from them. The difference quoted to me was not that much, they are TADL warranties