Barclaycard Price Match

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Lyricman, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Lyricman

Lyricman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just thought I would ask if anybody has tried the Barclaycard Price match. Will they match prices on the Internet from ones purchased in a retail shop like Comet for a like for like.
    I was thinking of buying the Philips 9509 from Comet and getting Barclays to price match on the web.
    Also didn't realise that the extended warranty with Barclaycard is now 2 extra years for purchases over £500.

2. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi M8,

I brought the 9509 form Comet and then got Barclaycard to price match from Hiwayhifi.com and saved £177. No problem at all.

Bazza :D

3. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,873
    I bought a TV online & then did another price search 59 days later (Barclaycard limit claims to 60 days from purchase). Found the set for some £150 less, made a claim, Barclaycard paid. They required a copy of my Barclaycard statement showing the original purchase, a copy of the original invoice & a printout of the web site with the lower price. :)

Slightly off topic but worth noting is that I bought a high end Pioneer head unit & DAB tuner from a local dealer thinking I could then make a further claim. Should have read the small print because Barclaycard class this as a car accessory which is excluded. :suicide:

4. Lyricman

Lyricman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks Guys. So if I buy from Comet at £1099 and then quote unbeatable at £813 I will be refunded the difference - cool. Did you also have the free extended warranty with Barclaycard or did you take out a 5 year.
    By the way Baz are you happy with your 9509 now. I spent 3 visits comparing the PD30 against this and I have to say the 9509 was superior in the analogue tuner pics and DVD RGB playback. Monsters inc. was just phoenominal, put it on the PD30 although very good fell short of detail.