1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barclaycard Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by defsdoor, Dec 19, 2002.

1. defsdoor

defsdoor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't cover Plasma screens (and never has so I am told).

I am slightly annoyed - I got a bloody barclaycard just to get the extended years warranty.

2. Robst

Robst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It's the same on HSBC Platinum. I tried to get the extension to 3yrs on a digital camera, but they don't cover them, however I did get cover for my AV amp and a dishwasher, so it is still a winner.

Out of interest what is the general concensus on extended warranties on PLasmas. They look very expensive, are they worth it?

3. mikeall

mikeall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    by bC would not for my plasma but did my DVD and Video

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you know the price promise they have, well it works!! i found the same plasma £250 cheaper else where and they just refunded me the cash!!

you have 60 days from the time you bought it to finding a cheaper one and report it, send them proof and you get some cash back.

i should have waited untill 55 days then send it in as im sure it would be even cheaper

cheers
    mike

4. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mikeall:

Sounds good! Is there a catch? What did you have to do prove you could get it cheaper?

5. Bonzaimaster

Bonzaimaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do they also match internet only prices?

6. mikeall

mikeall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well

the goods must be a branded item and identical to the one you bought, if you lets say buy something for £1000 and see it in a shop or internet for say £800 they will refund the £200 to your barclaycard, even if the cheaper item is on special offer!! they will pay out!

what you need to do is keep a copy of your receipt and get a written quote from the shop or web that has the goods cheaper and copy your b/c stament and send all to b/c but you need to call them first to make the claim and do it within 60 days, call them on the number below, also is the advert i seen

To claim from Barclaycard Price Promise call us free on 0800 3166 090.
    For your protection, your calls may be recorded and monitored.

Shopping is fun. Especially when you know whatever you're buying is at the best possible price. So here's another good reason why you should always use Barclaycard when you shop…

If you buy a branded item with a Barclaycard, then find it cheaper at another retailer, simply call us and we will refund the difference. The average Barclaycard customer saves £65 with Barclaycard Price Promise (based on true claims made and accepted).

The service is completely free and covers a range of branded goods costing £50 or more, purchased in the UK and paid for in full with Barclaycard. You will need to report it to us within 60 days of the original card transaction.

cheers
    mike