Barbecues are bloody brilliant Part 3

IMG_8586.JPG

Like this

So my white plastic burger press is no good??

It even gives the burgers little circles on the top :(

It’s grand for normal burgers ie just cooked on the grills but smash burgers are meant to be cooked on a flat griddle and get a crunch to the outside like u get in American diners. They are tasty :)

Some upgrades to fit for the WSM.
Lid hinge and thermometer to replace the stock one which reads high. The thermometer is massive, 4" diameter.
20180327_162602.jpg

and a 19" pizza pan to cover the lava rocks in the water pan so I don't have to foil anymore.
20180327_162252.jpg

Attachments

• 20180327_162602.jpg
    20180327_162602.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 73
  • 20180327_162252.jpg
    20180327_162252.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 72
It’s grand for normal burgers ie just cooked on the grills but smash burgers are meant to be cooked on a flat griddle and get a crunch to the outside like u get in American diners. They are tasty :)
Got me thinking. I have a wide oval lidded BBQ so I could dedicate one end to a griddle for burgers and maybe other stuff that always falls through the gaps...

IMG_8995.JPG

MEATER and burger smasher have arrived. Looking forward to tying them out :)

IMG_8996.JPG

This is the bottom of the smasher so it will keep the thickness the same

Be interesting to see what the signal range is like on the Meater, and how it copes with hot coals :eek: What stops the exposed end of it from burning? :confused:

It can take up to 500 degrees apparently. I wouldn’t want to put it too close but for anything I plan to use it for it will be ok. Also you can pair it to an older device close to the bbq and then view it on ur phone through there cloud service which is free

Also you can pair it to an older device close to the bbq and then view it on ur phone through there cloud service which is free
Excellent idea :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's sat in my basket though :facepalm:

Weber’s don’t need a cover. :)

The WSM does because the lid fits inside the body not outside like the kettles, so rain water gets inside and sits in the ash at the bottom of the fire pit which does not have a drain hole.

yeah the rain put my plans on the inaugural cook of the just-built-today Smoke Hollow grill. Might get away with a cook tomorrow (Will deffo season tomorrow), but Sunday looking better if cold.

The grill looks fine, but needs a few upgrades to make it great imo. Some gasket for the lid, behind the vents and the front lip of huge removable ash tray. Some expanded metal work to go on the charcoal basket. It's fine for charcoal but the gaps in the grate are too large for the wood burning I plan to try on it.

In time for slow cooks, some might get some heat shielding for the sides.

Was looking to get some GrillGrates for it, but it'll end up costing as much as the BBQ! Sadly they are way WAY cheaper in the US. Still tempted though.

Hope to put some pics up over the weekend.

The WSM does because the lid fits inside the body not outside like the kettles, so rain water gets inside and sits in the ash at the bottom of the fire pit which does not have a drain hole.

Fair enough. I just have the 57cm premium or whatever it’s called. Lives outside in all conditions with no cover.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom