Barbecues are bloody brilliant Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad price that but for the BBQ alone I paid £35 for my 47" from Argos eBay outlet. Was a pretty regular price occurence last year with them.

Personally I would go for 57". Paid £105 for my One Touch Premium from Argos

Is that with the chimney thing? I've not checked the prices of these to compare but thought with the chimney bit that hukd deal looked ok for folks who were interested

Anyone know of the top of their head the differences between the one touch original and the one touch premium? Is it worth the £50 upgrade?

Top of my head its got a thermometer built into the lid. Its also got a removable ash tray on bottom + lever so you dont have to tip it out

Cant think of any other differences tbh.

Personal choice, I prefer it, I wouldnt go for the standard over the premium but then I woudlnt pay £50 extra for it either tbh

Top of my head its got a thermometer built into the lid. Its also got a removable ash tray on bottom + lever so you dont have to tip it out

Cant think of any other differences tbh.

Personal choice, I prefer it, I wouldnt go for the standard over the premium but then I woudlnt pay £50 extra for it either tbh

I thought the "one touch" part meant you didn't have to tip out and the premium was other stuff, like you say, the thermometer. Just struggling to find what else is included for the £50. It would appear that one thing might be the weatherproof handle.

Is that with the chimney thing? I've not checked the prices of these to compare but thought with the chimney bit that hukd deal looked ok for folks who were interested

nah I had to buy my chimney thing separate. £20 I think it was

I still dont know how to use it properly and end up pouring chemicals in! the grid is big enough for firelighters (not the white type!) to fall through

SO...Charcoal. What you use? TBH I just get the bag from morrisons but been told Heatbeads or Big K stuff is best (no idea wheres cheapest to get from though)

Was in B&Q at the weekend and saw this which I really like the look of - Blooma Kinley Kettle Charcoal Trolley Barbecue, 5052931121373

If Weber made this I'd buy it in a heartbeat! I wonder how hard it would be to cut the cheap one out and drop a Weber in instead?

Like this?
Weber 1481004 57cm Performer Deluxe Kettle Barbecue With Gas Ignition [0077924018589] - £378.00 : Partridges of Hadleigh, Saucepans | Barbecues | Lawn Mowers | Water Softeners | Dehumidifiers | Cleaning

I thought the "one touch" part meant you didn't have to tip out and the premium was other stuff, like you say, the thermometer. Just struggling to find what else is included for the £50. It would appear that one thing might be the weatherproof handle.

AFAIK the handles are all the same...could be wrong though

I'm sure the premium is just that thermo and the ash tray tbh

nah I had to buy my chimney thing separate. £20 I think it was

I still dont know how to use it properly and end up pouring chemicals in! the grid is big enough for firelighters (not the white type!) to fall through

SO...Charcoal. What you use? TBH I just get the bag from morrisons but been told Heatbeads or Big K stuff is best (no idea wheres cheapest to get from though)

You put the firelighters underneath the chimney, not in it

Anyone know of the top of their head the differences between the one touch original and the one touch premium? Is it worth the £50 upgrade?

Mostly an easier to use vent control and a proper ash catcher, also the cooking grate is hinged to allow you to top up charcoal (don't think it was on the original). The premium also has a lid thermometer.

Whether that is worth the extra is up to personal choice.

(you can add the improved vent/ash catcher as an upgrade at a later date for ~£45)

Mostly an easier to use vent control and a proper ash catcher, also the cooking grate is hinged to allow you to top up charcoal (don't think it was on the original). The premium also has a lid thermometer.

Whether that is worth the extra is up to personal choice.

(you can add the improved vent/ash catcher as an upgrade at a later date for ~£45)

May as well just get the premium to start with. :)

Weber have an annoyingly attractive accessories list. I thought I just needed a new BBQ, now I think I need lots of accessories! Never even heard of these chimneys before this thread. Damn the lot of you! :laugh:

you can get generic chimneys for £10....but I believe that Weber accessories are made in conjunction with Pokemon

Pokemon?

How many people will the 47cm BBQ cook for? Just trying to decide if the 47cm is big enough.

Pokemon?

How many people will the 47cm BBQ cook for? Just trying to decide if the 47cm is big enough.

I'd think it would be too small for family use, personally. Even with the 57cm, to have a cold area free to move food too, I don't find it overly large.

I usually cook for 3 people, but occasionally have family and friends over, so will cook for more. I'm glad I went for the larger BBQ.

I'd think it would be too small for family use, personally. Even with the 57cm, to have a cold area free to move food too, I don't find it overly large.

I usually cook for 3 people, but occasionally have family and friends over, so will cook for more. I'm glad I went for the larger BBQ.

Good to know, thanks.
I was primarily thinking of storage. During the winter when I want to avoid my car getting covered in snow, I put it in the garage, and the 57cm will take up a hefty chunk of space.

Good to know, thanks.
I was primarily thinking of storage. During the winter when I want to avoid my car getting covered in snow, I put it in the garage, and the 57cm will take up a hefty chunk of space.

Yeah, my car goes in the garage everyday.

I cleared a space in my shed for the new Weber to go in, but I've yet to put it away! It just lives outside. It seems robust enough TBH.

Pokemon - got to have them all

More accessories the better the cook you are!

On fuel I got a bag of Webber Steak Restaurant lumpwood, got a big BBQ set for tonight, I'll let you know how it performs.

What's the general consensous on briquettes vs. lumpwood? I have a bag of both at the moment (Weber briquettes and some other bag of lumpwood) and I find the lumpwood falls through the holes of the grill and into the ashtray. It also seems to be too small for the chimney.

The Weber pizza thing says to use briquettes and not lumpwood, briquettes also seem easier to handle.

Excellent, that is pretty good.
Almost ready to hit the go button on one of these barbies! :)

Not a bad price that but for the BBQ alone I paid £35 for my 47" from Argos eBay outlet. Was a pretty regular price occurence last year with them.

Personally I would go for 57". Paid £105 for my One Touch Premium from Argos

I ended up buying one of the Weber One Touch Original BBQs for the caravan, went for a 47cm in the end. Found this bundle deal which had everything i wanted really apart from a Weber mit.

Weber One Touch Original BBQ - 47 Black - Mega Bundle

All this BBQ talk and new faces in this thread........is anyone here going to try a low and slow cook for the first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom