Barbecue Gas

What do you think of the Weber Genesis bbq?

I've been planning on buying one all summer, but we didnt get a summer! So going to make the most of the end of season sales.:clap:
Weber Genesis BBQ Grills | Genesis Gas Barbecues - Weber BBQs 2U

Best bbq I have ever had and probably the last with a 25 year warranty. Like Ive said use it all the time in rain snow and even sunshine. if you get one it will come delivered on a pallet and you need to put it together and that takes about 3 hours but its worth the money and the effort. Im sure you will get a better price if you look around my E330 cost £710 which was a big saving as they were £900 at the time. Good luck you wont regret it at all.

Hi there, I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting... Here's my question- I bought a Blooma Rockwell BBQ recently in B&Q and was sold a 6kg propane canister- both as yet unused. However on reading the instructions of the BBQ it states that the minimum weight of propane cylinder used should be 13kg. Does anyone know why this? Is it simply that there will be less cooking time (two burner BBQ) with the smaller canister, or will using it cause other problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Glenn

6B76BFCF-DC6E-46E1-AFFB-BC6A52CB3636.jpeg

Hi there, I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting... Here's my question- I bought a Blooma Rockwell BBQ recently in B&Q and was sold a 6kg propane canister- both as yet unused. However on reading the instructions of the BBQ it states that the minimum weight of propane cylinder used should be 13kg. Does anyone know why this? Is it simply that there will be less cooking time (two burner BBQ) with the smaller canister, or will using it cause other problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Glenn

It's probably because the BBQ has a relatively high flow rate. As the gas expands it cools and condensation forms on the cylinder. This will be more pronounced with a small cylinder and may cool it enough to slow the rate of gas coming out. Although propane is usually less problematic than Butane. I'd be surprised if it was an issue with a 2 burner unit, but to be safe, see if you can swap for the larger cylinder (which costs far less per kg of gas).

It's probably burner related, how many does it have

Two :)

I can't see this on the B&Q website

I didn't spot at first that the thread is 6 years old, but I reckon it's still the case that B&Q's web-site, despite having a brilliant name - diy.com - is pretty dreadful for finding anything :D. YMMV, of course ;)

Thanks IronGiant / John- yes it has 2 burners
I have been running a 3x burner bbq quite happily on a 5kg bottle.

A lot will also depend on whether you are cooking or looking :) in other words whether you close the lid or try to heat the atmosphere...that can make a huge difference on the amount of fuel required be it gas or coal.

Thanks all, John that's reassuring you have been running a 3 burner with 5kg... gonna call in today to BBQ and see what happens...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom