• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Barbara Murray

brian s

Distinguished Member
Actress Barbara Murray has died aged 84. I rember her turning up in all manner of TV shows when I was a kid and she also appeared in the Dr Who story Black Orchid. She is presently appearing in BBC2's afternoon repeats of The Paiilsers

Barbara Murray - IMDb

RIP Barbara

Garrett

Yes of all things I switched the TV on this afternoon and The Paiilsers was on and she was on screen in a witness box giving evidence. I first recall her as as John Wilders wife (Patrick Wymark) Pamela Wilder and then in the fillow up series The Power Gane as Lady Pamela Wilder. She was in Passport to Pimlico. Like you Bri was very much on TV in the 50s, 60s and 70s. I don't know if it was because of the role in The Plane Makers and The Power Game but always though she was very posh and a classy lady, she had very fine features.

R.I.P. Barbara Murray

How I will remember Barbara.

Barbara.jpg

brian s

Distinguished Member
I remember The Power Game a bit but not The Plane Makers. I get loads of e-mail from Network and they often mention their Plane Makers DVDs. I think of her mainly in the likes of The Saint and Department S style shows. Wasn't she in Tony Hancock's The Punch And Judy Man? As you say Garrett she was a fine looking woman. As I recall she always did a damn good job in the meagre roles that were given to women back then. A sad loss.

Bri

Garrett

As I recall she always did a damn good job in the meagre roles that were given to women back then. A sad loss.

Bri
You needed a strong actress to play opposite Patrick Wymark who dominated the screen when he was on and she did it admirably.
Yes she was in Punch and Judy Man I admit I had to look that one up, in that she played a lady.

BTW just an off topic titbit but inline with the forum Norma Roland (Stryker's secatery in UFO) wife of actor Edward Judd was in both the series I mentioned sadly died in 1993 only 56 years old. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom