Barafundle Bay

bowenjones

Went to Barafundle Bay in West Wales yesterday (not far from Tenby). I haven't been there since I was a kid and forgot just how beautiful it is. It has to be one of the prettiest bays in the UK imo with lovely, clean golden sand and crystal clear sea. Well worth a visit for anyone who's in the area. Had a lovely walk around Stackpole head too where there are some fantastic rock formations and also spent some time walking around Bosherton Lakes. I hoped to see some water lillies but it's still a few weeks too early for them yet. Here are some pictures....

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Some lovely scenery there and some great shots.
What wideangle lens were you using on those 10mm shots ?

V

vulkan75

Lovely shots mate.:smashin: Its been a crackin few days weather wise hasnt it,I was down west wales myself over the weekend.

I detect a subtle, "over the edge" hunting mission, on some of those cliff shots;)

Gizmo 76

Great collection of shots mate, really loving No. 4:thumbsup:

The Weather is mean't to be great for the next 2 days as well, so no doubt i'll be off out somewhere else with the camera :D

Tobers

Lovely pics - makes me want to be there. Do you have any from down on the beach by the rocks? Looks like a good opportunity for some of those lovely slow shutter long DOF shots.

bowenjones

Thanks Tobers.
I didn't get any shots like you mentioned. Most of the day was spent walking along the cliff tops. Will be getting some filters eventually so that I can do shots like that. First thing though is to get a polarizer. I was a bit late getting there due to getting stuck in traffic because of an accident and the position of the sun was a problem. A polarizer would really have come in handy yesterday.

geofftelforduk

Novice Member
Excellent variety of shots mate!! I love those coastal type shots!!! Anyone coming over to NI for the meet in August is in for a treat on the North Coast!!

I love numbers 1, 4, 11 and 15 especially!!

SweetGirl

Novice Member
Fantastic shots Bowenjones.

Was in Wales this time last year - the scenery is absolutely amazing. I will try and post some of them when my hubby has fixed my PC :rolleyes:

My favorite one, if i had to choose probably has to be the last one, but they are all amazing.

Great work.

bowenjones

Thanks Geoff and SweetGirl.
The scenery around West Wales is stunning. There is nothing better to forget about your worries than having a stroll along the coast. So peaceful and relaxing :)
I look forward to seeing your pictures from your trip to Wales SweetGirl and I definately can't wait to see the Northern Ireland meet shots come August Geoff, as I'm sure that they'll be of equally high a standard as the Scottish meet ones.

SweetGirl

Novice Member
Lovely photos...
so calming and relaxing....
so wish i was there.

my favourite has to be #18

bowenjones

Thanks all.
Liquid, it really is worth a visit. I haven't come across a beach that's so clean and clear of rubbish. People who go there obviously respect the natural beauty. The nearest carpark is at Stackpole Quay, which is a 10-15 minute walk away. Fantastic little coffee shop there (their Welsh cakes are out of this world btw) and this is where you'll find the nearest toilet facilities. I'll definately be heading back down there myself during the summer once the sea warms up a bit as it looked so inviting last weekend :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom