Banshee (US) Season 1

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Cinemax - January 2013

Original drama series created by Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler and executive produced by Alan Ball (True Blood).

Set in a small town in Pennsylvania Amish country and features an enigmatic ex-con/martial arts expert posing as a murdered sheriff who imposes his own brand of justice while also cooking up plans that serve his own interests.

Tease

Last edited:
This starts in the states on the 11th Jan, definately going to check it out as it looks interesting - with a Justified vibe to it. Remains to be seen what the acting is like though as I don't recognise any of the cast.

Episode 1: Pilot

Not bad, not great, seen how it pans out

Oh my, this is without doubt the most violent and sexually explicit show I have seen on tv! Watch it :)

Spartacus has more sex and violence

Was about to say wow this show must be extreme if it beats Spartacus in that regard. :)

Will hopefully find time to catch up with this tonight.

I never got into Spartacus. Quit (out of boredom) after the first episode :).

Just watched Episode 1 of this, really enjoyed it, quite different from what I've personally seen.

3 episode in and im hooked! Right from the bar scene from episode 1, i was in. I'm warming more to 'Lucas Hood', he gets the job done. You just need to suspend reality for this show as
no police office would be able to knock ten bells out of a cage fighter, break arms, fingers and get away with it.
There is enough of a backstory to keep things ticking along at a good pace. We could also see more of the Armish girl too...:devil:

To be brutally honest I had not heard of this show. But I am definitely going to give it a crack tonight.

Thanks for this thread!!

3 episode in and im hooked! Right from the bar scene from episode 1, i was in. I'm warming more to 'Lucas Hood', he gets the job done. You just need to suspend reality for this show as
no police office would be able to knock ten bells out of a cage fighter, break arms, fingers and get away with it.
There is enough of a backstory to keep things ticking along at a good pace. We could also see more of the Armish girl too...:devil:

Agree 100%! From seeing him in the bar scene I was hooked and watched episode 2 & 3 straight afterwards, looking forward to the next episodes.

Just caught the first episode and thoroughly enjoyed it. Loads of characters (likeable ones at that) introduced, decent story, well shot with plenty of scope for future development. In fact one of the better pilot episodes of any show I can remember watching. :thumbsup:

Hopefully catch up completely tomorrow.

WOW

that is all I need to say. I am hooked. I love the feel of the show and after that BAR scene in the first episode I was left with my jaw open... that escalated so quickly. Great show I am chuffed I read about it here. Thanks again guys

Ep 2 tonight for me

Episode 2 done now. Really like the views of this one. Just the right level of violence and sexy time. My word that Armish girl was hawt...

On to episode 3

Episode 2 done now. Really like the views of this one. Just the right level of violence and sexy time. My word that Armish girl was hawt...

On to episode 3

I knew that bonnet would do it for you:laugh:

Anybody else think that...

the teenage girl/emo is his daughter? About 14 /15 years old, has a bad streak....

Totally!!!

I really want it to be Saturday already. Watching the trailers brings up some cool stuff that we haven't seen yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom