bannana plugs into kef speakers ?!!

brmgoons

Good evening all, I purchased some cable for my kefs 2001.3 which are terminated at both ends however not sure they will fit with these speakers, can anyone advise, a screw comes out at end of speaker but not sure if the whole section van come out, any help would be appreciated

dlg78

Novice Member
Good evening all, I purchased some cable for my kefs 2001.3 which are terminated at both ends however not sure they will fit with these speakers, can anyone advise, a screw comes out at end of speaker but not sure if the whole section van come out, any help would be appreciated

If the speakers have a traditional binding post type connector on the back, then your banana plug should insert straight into the open end of the connector.

Some of these have a plastic blanking plug because of EU regulations, these can normally be quite easily removed, or you can use spade connectors instead, to fit these you unscrew the binding post, insert the spade and re-tighten.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
If they're the KEF KHT2001.3 speakers then red and black plasitc covers come off at the rear binding posts.

Regards, Shane

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom