banman's living room - finally

banman

Established Member
Reaction score
After absolutely years, we've finally finished our living room. That means some curtains and some final bits of HC equipment. This was only ever to be setting up a music/HC in existing room.

I've had some bit for years and added the final touches this week. I use DLNA via TV and ARC to run the audio channels. Music is either Spotify or DLNA direct to the Yammy.

Wanted a nice punchy movie system and a nice stereo option. I'm happy with how it all sounds.

Pics to follow!

Panel
Panasonic FZ802 65"​

Audio - 5.1
Talk Electronics Tornado x2
Kef Reference Series Model 3

Exposure IV
Kef Reference Series Model 202c

Yamaha RX-1040
Kef HTS2001​

Velodyne CHT-12​

Content
Diskstation 916+
Amazon Prime
Spotify

frontroom.jpg

Last edited:
This was really just fitting into an existing period room. So wife was adamant no additional visible anything. Sub is behind the sofa from where the photo was taken.

Had to put the hdmi, power and speaker points in years before we were ready. Hdmi is already out of days (1.3). Can't change it. But can stream data over WiFi for TV so far. Yet to try a BRD through the processor.

Tried lowering a electricians pole through the wall but gets stuck on top of the skirting. Might be able to hide a thin flat white hfmi2 cable behind the left speaker!

IMG_20190126_161845.jpg
IMG_20190126_180830.jpg
IMG_20190126_161533.jpg

Very tidy; no unsightly cables or trunking. We can all suggest changes or our preferences but, the most important thing is you are both happy with it. Now ENJOY IT!

The only problem I have is a future problem. Stuck with a hdmi 1.3 cable buried in the wall.

Google WiFi is working a dream luckily. I was counting on WiFi catching up. So far so good.

Never skimp when your burying cables!

I know I should have also run 2 cat6...

I know more now 8 years later!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom